Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Has QR enhanced away the Godiva chocolates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat

On 3/4 flights (BOM - DOH - JNB; return) over the past 2 weeks, Godiva chocolates were not handed out. It was a nice little treat to have with coffee just prior to descent. Oh well, Valrhona (4 pieces) was enhanced to Godiva (2 pieces) which I guess is now in the process of being enhanced away entirely.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Still got them last week.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vbh812
On 3/4 flights (BOM - DOH - JNB; return) over the past 2 weeks, Godiva chocolates were not handed out. It was a nice little treat to have with coffee just prior to descent. Oh well, Valrhona (4 pieces) was enhanced to Godiva (2 pieces) which I guess is now in the process of being enhanced away entirely.
Were any of them breakfast menu flights? You get Smints on those instead after meal service.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:10 am

Enhancements

I got my Godiva chocolates last week on 2 sectors, but don't you just miss them Armani amenities bags for the Gents? Such a shame they got 'enhanced' to the new Brics ?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Were any of them breakfast menu flights? You get Smints on those instead after meal service.
Yes, I thought the chocolates were only given on flights with full dinner service after dessert as a praline service. Although my memory is a bit hazy, I feel like I’ve only gotten them after dinner on flights, and not on breakfast or late night flights.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Flew MAD-DOH QR148 0820 departure. No Godiva given.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: qr
Flew ARN - Doh 22.00hr flight a few weeks ago had to ask for them not given out proactively. Rest of my sectors none available
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
23/24.11.19 MUC - DOH - BKK on both flights the chocolate was provided, we even got one additional for our 16 month old daughter :-)
But maybe that was the "clearance" ;-)
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Got them on IAD-DOH this week.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
On the Chocolate Massacre:)

Well, before the Valrona-Godiva enhancement I remember they were put on display for self service in this little social area of the A350..together with these wonderful scottish cookies. Then they were removed from there, locked away in this little closet at the social area and only put back shortly before or even after landing..unnoticed by those disembarking through the front door...so it was not only a chocolate, but also a cookie massacre HOWEVER: I wonder whether anybody of you who did not get them did actually ask for them? One of the simple truth of life..sometimes you just have to ask. So i did on my last flights ..admittedly early this year. I usually ask for a cappuchino, cognac and some choclates to round off my meal. And I usually got 2 or 3 of those little Godiva boxes Well, admittedly, occasionally I might have kindly asked whether I could get possibly 2 or 3..but isnt it dining on demand anyway?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:13 am

OK in Economy a couple of weeks ago, and more than 2 or 3.

flyvirgin and purple1addict like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ft101
OK in Economy a couple of weeks ago, and more than 2 or 3.

What's that...they hand out posh chocs in economy? Why have I been wasting my money at the pointy end....
purple1addict, Matt4 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Those are very different from the sort of choccies handed out in J class, and which some FT-ers seem to have been missing .......
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:19 pm

Still got them on all 4 segments last week and today.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
..an entire thread cataloguing who was given a chocolate ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.