Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

“Contact Details Are Missing” App/Mobile Site Issue

Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HHonors

Please accept my apologies if this particular issue has arisen before.

I am trying to access Manage My Booking both via the app and the mobile site but every time I try it is saying my contact details are missing.

The main issue seems to be with my telephone number (which is a standard UK format) and that an unexpected error occurs every time I try to confirm the information.

To be clear this booking was made through a TA a few months ago and the correct info was input at the time of booking. This issue has only seems to have arisen in the last month or so, I have travelled the outbound flights and am looking to change seats due to an equipments swap for the return.

If there is another thread on this issue or if anyone has a solution to this issue, I would’ve very grateful to be directed towards it.

Many thanks in advance.

RBMA1987

Last edited by RBMA1987; Nov 11, 2019 at 12:56 am
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:54 am

I had exactly the same just a couple of weeks ago. TA booking, return leg imminent, equipment change and the phone number error on the app (don't think I tried the mobile site). Somewhere along the line I discovered the TA phone number had been input at some point and no matter how I tried I couldn't get rid of it.

I had to revise seat selection and do on line check in on my laptop.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:18 am

I've had the same issue recently. Ticket booked through TA and I wasn't able to complete seat selection online. I tried via website, mobile site and app. I repeatedly got an error message stating to update my contact details and despite doing so numerous time it wouldn't update.

I emailed Qatar Airways Customer Service and they resolved the issue. They described it as "configuration or incompatibility reasons" but now I can access my reservation as normal.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm having the same issue too, it's driving me mad. Every time I go into the app or website it asks me to update my contact details, and I've probably tried every possible combination of number and dialling code. Initially I was able to do seat selection, but now when I try to change my seats following an aircraft change, it tells me there's an error with my contact details and the changes can't be saved. I also have an issue that it's asking me to select my title from a list, but the list doesn't actually drop down so I can't select anything, which generates an error when I try to save. I'll try contacting customer services.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had the same issue for months.

You can change your seat via the British Airways site.. go to https://www.britishairways.com/trave...g/public/en_gb enter your details and then go to "Seating" and their website will hand you off directly to the QR seat selection page.

The Royal Jordanian website also worked to change seats.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HHonors
I tried BA and RJ but I could not seem to get access.

I have emailed QR customer services who will hopefully resolve the issue. Thanks everyone for your input.

RBMA1987
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:11 am

BA and RJ didn't work for me either. Still waiting to hear back from QR customer services.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74
BA and RJ didn't work for me either. Still waiting to hear back from QR customer services.
Was yours a TA booking too?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Was yours a TA booking too?
Yes, booked through Ebookers. Qatar CS have now come back to me and said they'd fixed the problem, which they seem to have done - I was just able to access the booking without having to input contact details and was able to change seats. Although I still need to call them as all the centre Q suites are blocked on one flight, but not the others.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Originally Posted by RBMA1987
I tried BA and RJ but I could not seem to get access.

I have emailed QR customer services who will hopefully resolve the issue. Thanks everyone for your input.

RBMA1987
Very strange. Since the contact details issue following the below steps via BA.com has always solved the inability to change seats.

Firstly plug your QR reference into BA.com via the MMB function. BA and QR use the same back end system so the references work in either site and VV.

Then once it is hopefully loaded up scroll to the bottom and press "Seating" under service requests.

You should then see the flights and your current assignments:

You can then click on that flight and the BA site will redirect you directly to the QR seat choice page:
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:09 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Had this problem too - called Qatar directly and they were able to book seats for me at no cost.

For those who do not submit to the fruity overlords (hint: Apple), you can sign up for a Google account, download Hangouts Dialer, and all calls to US numbers are free.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Same issue here several times already.

As much as a like the Qsuites and the service on board, the app is one of the worst of all airlines (and don’t get me started on the horrible HIA WiFi).
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: QFF
There is a way to rectify this oneself I figured out - use Finnair.com to change the number to something else, then use QF's MMB site to update the number and remove the '-' or '+' which is what sets QR's system off. Log in to QR's MMB and update the details and they should stick, allowing you to seat select.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Same issue here.

Ticket booked via JAL.

One QR customer service messed up my ticket and from this time I cannot access it anymore.
Asked 3 times CS to fix it, they tried (or pretend to have) but still not working.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
There is a way to rectify this oneself I figured out - use Finnair.com to change the number to something else, then use QF's MMB site to update the number and remove the '-' or '+' which is what sets QR's system off. Log in to QR's MMB and update the details and they should stick, allowing you to seat select.
Thanks, this totally worked for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.