Canceling 1 person on companion fare

Old Nov 3, 19, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Canceling 1 person on companion fare

Does anyone has experience with canceling ticket for 1 person when booked on companion fare (Business R)? Both tickets are on the same PNR.
Old Nov 3, 19, 7:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Dazeq View Post
Does anyone has experience with canceling ticket for 1 person when booked on companion fare (Business R)? Both tickets are on the same PNR.

Morning I have never cancelled, but I have split the tickets before no problem, due to work I needed to change dates. I requested to split and was given a new PNR. I then called back with my PNR and moved dates and even city with no problems, only a 86 euro fee. They have quoted price for cancelling v change. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 4, 19, 2:25 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
I suspect that by "companion fare" you are referring to a 2-for-1 promotion, and that you are looking for a refund of said second ticket? - If that is the case, you are out of luck, as otherwise everybody would be using such "loophole". In same context, if you merely want to protect the travelling pax from a no-show on the second ticket, I think you would have a chance of success.
Old Nov 5, 19, 4:17 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I had to cancel the return portion of my wife's companion ticket this year. Make sure you cancel it as they could attempt to tack on extra fees.

Search this Thread