Wiki Posts
Search

QR970/971 Seating Query

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
QR970/971 Seating Query

Hi all, chewing up some more Avios next Easter heading back to Vietnam, and I'm confused about the seating choice coming up. I'm a "must have aisle" traveller, and we had issues coming back this summer because whilst I was positive I'd booked aisle and centre, there must have been a change of metal and we ended up in two centre seats (although fortunately a very accommodating sole traveller next to us swapped his aisle).

Going in to seat bookings now, the seat formation is (again) 3 3 3. However, the seat letters are ABC DFG HJK. My absolute preference is left-leg aisle, but can't book my wife in to "E" (as it doesn't exist on the map), and am worried that if I book DF, the plane will magically (again) have E appear, and we'll be back to asking people to move. My safe option is to lump it and book FG, but can anyone cast any light on this layout?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Which aircraft? Have you checked on :

The Qatar Source - Qatar Airways aircraft Seat Maps
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by xPositor
Hi all, chewing up some more Avios next Easter heading back to Vietnam, and I'm confused about the seating choice coming up. I'm a "must have aisle" traveller, and we had issues coming back this summer because whilst I was positive I'd booked aisle and centre, there must have been a change of metal and we ended up in two centre seats (although fortunately a very accommodating sole traveller next to us swapped his aisle).

Going in to seat bookings now, the seat formation is (again) 3 3 3. However, the seat letters are ABC DFG HJK. My absolute preference is left-leg aisle, but can't book my wife in to "E" (as it doesn't exist on the map), and am worried that if I book DF, the plane will magically (again) have E appear, and we'll be back to asking people to move. My safe option is to lump it and book FG, but can anyone cast any light on this layout?

Thanks in advance.
I know that the first few rows of Y on 77W is 9 across with DFG in the middle (seatguru is not 100% accurate)
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Which aircraft? Have you checked on :

The Qatar Source - Qatar Airways aircraft Seat Maps
Thanks - I've looked at this now. It agrees with the online seat booking, other than the seat numbers. It has the layout as ABC DEF HJK. I think this is probably what happened on our last flight. We had EF booked, then the metal changed and it was 343, meaning we remained in EF which were now both centre seats. This is why I would like to get DE booked, but QR online offers ABC DFG HJK. I'm hoping that the FG naming convention will stick across whatever metal they have.

And yes, SeatGuru does not match with QR online nor QR Source!

Hey ho. Thanks for the pointers both.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
SeatGuru is the pits !
xPositor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.