New QRPC Improvements

Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RSDoha
Absolutely no issues being admitted this evening. Staff all seemed well-aware of the new policy. And the lounge is hoppin’!
Good to hear but by hoppin do you mean it was pretty crowded, or hoppin like this place is super dope and awesome!?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:53 pm

Both!
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Do you suppose I will have any difficulties getting into the al-Safwa as a QR Platinum traveling in Business - but crediting that flight to my AA account? I can of course produce my thud factor Platinum membership card at the desk.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Had no problem getting in AS yesterday with a guest on a ticket booked with qmiles. I was also surprised as after having a wander about and sitting down to eat two QR employees approached me asking whether i was going to XXX and then handed me my new Platinum package that i had been chasing for considerable time (now i have two as the other one arrived in the post just before our trip). Managed to get one of the sleeping rooms and thus also some sleep, something i probably wouldn't have managed in the AM lounge.
Traveller999 and fender5787 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: QR Plat
I was by there last night/this morning, and it was a very smooth experience, except that once I had started breakfast around 0600 the morning the rush started and the guy that was going to find out what my boarding gate and time forgot about it, and by the time someone remembered I was told to report at the base of the elevantors ASAP for a session of Mario Cart.

-A
fender5787 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by RSDoha
Absolutely no issues being admitted this evening. Staff all seemed well-aware of the new policy. And the lounge is hoppin’!
Just sitting in AS with other 7 guests. Front desk said that we are one of the few Platinums to enter to AS.
fender5787 likes this.

Last edited by mmkk; Oct 19, 2019 at 8:22 am
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by mmkk
Just sitting in AM with other 7 guests. Front desk said that we are one of the few Platinums to enter to AS.
AM, or AS, or ASMR?

-A
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Sorry, AS as Al Safwa.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
I was by there last night/this morning, and it was a very smooth experience, except that once I had started breakfast around 0600 the morning the rush started and the guy that was going to find out what my boarding gate and time forgot about it, and by the time someone remembered I was told to report at the base of the elevantors ASAP for a session of Mario Cart.

-A
How full was it for morning rush? Nothing as bad as AM, I presume?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
. . . . the guy that was going to find out what my boarding gate and time forgot about it, and by the time someone remembered I was told to report at the base of the elevantors ASAP for a session of Mario Cart.
How could you get as far as an airport lounge and not know your boarding gate and time? Irrops?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
How could you get as far as an airport lounge and not know your boarding gate and time? Irrops?
Its not like connecting flights’ gates are printed on your bp. I usually don’t check my gate until leaving the lounge. Like many people, when connecting in DOH I make a dash from transit security to the lounge and once in the lounge I usually try to snag a shower and/or a seat in the restaurant or deli. There aren’t many departure monitors there, and honesty, last few times in AM I’ve done the same and asked staff to find out the gate for me while I’m eating at the restaurant. Lucky for me, they’ve all be pretty quick with getting me that info. So the scenario ph-ndr went through is completely plausible and I could see it happening to any of us.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:12 pm

I never made the lounge in DOH but any airline lounge I've been in before takes your boarding pass to scan and verify entry permission and writes the gate on it if not already there. Time will be there already, that's why I suspected irrops may have come into play. If I remember rightly, both the QR app and my mobile boarding pass also showed the gate long before I would have been near the lounge.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:15 pm

I never made the lounge in DOH but any airline lounge I've been in before takes your boarding pass to scan and verify entry permission and writes the gate on it if not already there. Time will be there already, that's why I suspected irrops may have come into play. If I remember rightly, both the QR app and my mobile boarding pass also showed the gate long before I would have been near the lounge.
Ive never had anyone write the gate on my bp upon entrance, and if you’re coming from say the US, you don’t get online bps on the app, or ive never had.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I never made the lounge in DOH but any airline lounge I've been in before takes your boarding pass to scan and verify entry permission and writes the gate on it if not already there.
AM boarding pass scan is done in the terminal at the base of the elevators with a handheld device. It is only a scan for admissibility. However, at the top of the escalator, when you turn left to enter the lounge, there's a departure monitor staring you in the face which you must walk by in order to get into the lounge.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:05 pm

I came in from elsewhere, no gate assigned by bedtime, woke up and someone offered to find out and vanished. No drama, stuff happens.

Although I'd be happy to call the basement at the bus gates irrops on a general basis...

-A
NoY likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.