Wiki Posts
Search

Sofia lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Silver
Sofia lounges

Got one of the QR J deals out of Sofia coming up , any recommendations on which of the two lounges are better, showing I can use Pliska or preslav
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Check out the BA board for comparisons. They're both pretty basic, and not worth spending much time in. Pliska is smaller, upstairs, next to the BA (but not QR) gate, can get hot, don't think it's open for the evening QR flight. Preslav is larger, more but not outstanding snacks, draft beer machine, smoking room, can smell of smoke (also jetfuel, if random ground staff leave the door open and "hang around"). Pretty standard Eastern European lounges, so I wouldn't go out of your way. Having said that, the terminal is pretty quiet (esp for the late QR flight) - there are a sum total of 7 gates - so it's not unpleasant/crowded, although it's not especially interesting either

If you have a long layover, I'd pop into town on the metro. Costs pennies, mildly diverting and cultural, and you can have a decent meal for not-much-money-at-all. Remember it's only a short, but pleasingly 140TP, hop to DOH (it's exactly 2k miles!), so don't expect the works onboard
I2sky likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Silver
Thanks, didn’t want to risk it so booked a night at the Intercontinental Sofia either side of the QR flights, Lucky I did as BA changed the flight times. Have a full day at the end of the trip so looking forward to exploring Sofia. At the moment the SOF to DOH is the old style A320 so fingers crossed they don’t do any last minute changes on the DOH-SIN so I can enjoy the Q Suites, but I’ve experienced Qatar’s last minute aircraft changes before.
kt74 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.