Wiki Posts
Search

Flying QR westwards from Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flying QR westwards from Europe?

Is it possible to book any QR flights to go to North/South america from Europe? I did a search once and think I discovered that you could take a flight from HEL...in theory, then I never found a flight... Or is going east the only option?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I know ATH-DOH-JFK is bookable.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: British Airways
Funny they let you book LAX-DOH-PRG but not the other way Anyway If u wanna fly EU- America your only departure points are in eastern/southern Europe such as OTP, SOF, BEG,LCA and others.. someone here on the forum also suggested BCN but not sure about that. I did few trips to the US and Argentina flying QR from Europe and the only plus side is the service and overall experince with the carrier. The timing and lenght of the flights it’s not that good like flying BA or AA.. but for the saké of flying QR I’m down to that any time again
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sluneckov
Funny they let you book LAX-DOH-PRG but not the other way Anyway If u wanna fly EU- America your only departure points are in eastern/southern Europe such as OTP, SOF, BEG,LCA and others.. someone here on the forum also suggested BCN but not sure about that. I did few trips to the US and Argentina flying QR from Europe and the only plus side is the service and overall experince with the carrier. The timing and lenght of the flights it’s not that good like flying BA or AA.. but for the saké of flying QR I’m down to that any time again
Thanks, that is exactly my thinking, I like to avoid BA/AA, but still be on a OW flight, and then preferably QR...
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by sluneckov
... but for the saké of flying QR I’m down to that any time again
I'm always up for some, but I thought that they only have it on flights to/from Japan.
plunet, Knodde and fender5787 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I'm always up for some, but I thought that they only have it on flights to/from Japan.
right! auto corrected by my Czech iPhone
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I remember after Iberia promo for 90k selection was possible from PRG-DOH-LAX but I never found a space for way back home to PRG. So awards are probably doable too and not booked as multi city but as RT to US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.