Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Why do some 35Ks in J have fancy, auto window blinds, but some have manual shades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do some 35Ks in J have fancy, auto window blinds, but some have manual shades?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

Hey, so kinda stupid and random question (so mods, feel free to remove), but I was recently on qr704 (a35k) in J and realized that the window shades were just the regular, manual pull down type. Every other time I’ve flown on a 35K or even a 359, they had the fancy, automatically controlled blinds. Is there an issue with the blinds that the newer 35Ks are being installed with the regular window shades? I know it’s completely meaningless, but it is something I’ve been pondering and figured one of you here may have some insight.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: BA:GOLD
Yes, there have been a few issues with them actually. Qatar canceled this specific option on some frames but I don't know if this is permanent.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Discovered the difference last week on the A35K A7-ANF which is only equipped with the simple pull down window shades.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:40 pm

I think they remove them from the 359's when they are retrofitted with the Q suites, my flight last week on a 359 had Q suites but manual window shades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.