Bonus QMiles/QPoints offer (September 2019)

Old Oct 7, 19, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Bonus QMiles/QPoints offer (September 2019)

Has anyone travelled on the recent Bonus QMiles/QPoints offer (1909PC077) and/or clarified T&C with QRPC about it?

The email promised "Make your travel even more rewarding by choosing one of three additional offers: Save up to 10% or earn up to 4x bonus Qmiles* or earn up to 3x bonus Qpoints, the choice is yours."

To my understanding "Bonus" means "in addition to what would be earned normally", so it should mean unto quadruple QPoints (in Premium, 2x Bonus or Triple QPoints in Economy)

Nevertheless, since this was somewhat ambiguous, (e.g. the offer in September 2018 was "earn double Qmiles and Qpoints in Economy class or triple Qmiles and Qpoints in Business Class") I wrote to QRPC before purchasing and received confirmation as follows:

You will be eligible for the offer Global Sales Promotion (code 1909PC077), if following criteria are fulfilled:

Booking Period: 09-Sep-2019 to 15-Sep-2019
Registration Period: 09-Sep-2019 to 30-Sep-2020 (We already registered)
Revenue Travel Period: 09-Sep-2019 to 30-Sep-2020

Flights should be booked through Qatar Airways website or Mobile app.

For 10% fare discount, please use promo code FDT19.
For 3X Qmiles in Economy Cabin and 4X Qmiles in Premium Cabin, please use promo code QMT19
For 3X Qpoints in Economy Cabin and 4X Qpoints in Premium Cabin, please use promo code QPT19

You will earn bonus Qmiles over the base Qmiles earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period.

For example:

Regular Base Qmiles is 100 for any particular flight, you will earn 100 (Base Qmiles) + 200 (Offer Bonus Qmiles) = 300 Qmiles as per 3X Qmiles offer

Regular Base Qmiles is 100 for any particular flight, you will earn 100 (Base Qmiles) + 300 (Offer Bonus Qmiles) = 400 Qmiles as per 4X Qmiles offer

Regular Base Qpoints is 10 for any particular flight, you will earn 10 (Base Qpoints) + 20 (Offer Bonus Qpoints) = 30 Qpoints as per 3X Qpoints offer

Regular Base Qpoints is 10 for any particular flight, you will earn 10 (Base Qpoints) + 30 (Offer Bonus Qpoints) = 40 Qpoints as per 4X Qpoints offer
On the strength of this communication, I booked my tickets using the QPT19 QPoints offer.
I've flown the first couple of legs (CMB-DOH-LAX) and noticed that the QPoints credited have been Doubled, and not Tripled.
When I wrote to QRPC, they say the earlier message was a miscommunication 😤 and I am only eligible for 2x QPoints.

1. Has anyone else queried the T&C and what answer did you get and when? (This was on 9th September, reply by Bonny Macwan)
(I would like to be able to show - if possible - that this was not an error by an individual agent; although even if so I think QRPC ought to honor the communication)

2. What would be the best channel to escalate this? [email protected] email?

Thanks!
/Sifaan
Old Oct 7, 19, 8:27 am

Did you travel in economy class?

My understanding of the QPT19 offer is that we will get 2x Qpoints in economy and 3x Qpoints in premium.
(20 or 30 if standard is 10)

As I see it, the response you got from QRPC was indeed miscommunication. Which of course is really really bad.
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Freed View Post
Did you travel in economy class?

My understanding of the QPT19 offer is that we will get 2x Qpoints in economy and 3x Qpoints in premium.
(20 or 30 if standard is 10)

As I see it, the response you got from QRPC was indeed miscommunication. Which of course is really really bad.
yes, I was in economy.

Why did you understand it as 2x QP for economy / 3x QP for premium? Because it was similar to last year, or something in the promotion emails?
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Sifaan View Post
yes, I was in economy.

Why did you understand it as 2x QP for economy / 3x QP for premium? Because it was similar to last year, or something in the promotion emails?
That was simply just my understanding of the promotion.

However after reading your post I do agree that the phrase "bonus Qpoints" is confusing and could be understood in different ways.
Old Oct 9, 19, 2:14 am

Just checked one of my economy flight and correctly got 3x QPoints as per the email:
Regular Base Qpoints is 10 for any particular flight, you will earn 10 (Base Qpoints) + 20 (Offer Bonus Qpoints) = 30 Qpoints as per 3X Qpoints offer

Are you sure you are not getting confused with the fare class? Just asking as I did this mistake and got pretty pissed of for a couple of seconds.
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bonboncl View Post
Just checked one of my economy flight and correctly got 3x QPoints as per the email:

Are you sure you are not getting confused with the fare class? Just asking as I did this mistake and got pretty pissed of for a couple of seconds.
I very consciously paid for V to get more QPoints (CMB-DOH-LAX base is 51). I have been awarded 102, and I when I wrote to QRPC they even insisted that the 2x Award is correct 😩
But at least now I have a stronger argument to reply with
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:29 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph

I also received only 2X QPoints, which is what I expected. However, upon reading the terms and conditions, it's actually not what it says:

Members will earn bonus Qpoints *over* the base Qpoints earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period.

That does imply it's supposed to be 3X.
However, I don't really have the energy to fight with Privilege Club over this because that's weeks/months of my life down the drain. Good luck to those of you who do...
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKE-MR View Post
I also received only 2X QPoints, which is what I expected. However, upon reading the terms and conditions, it's actually not what it says:

Members will earn bonus Qpoints *over* the base Qpoints earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period.

That does imply it's supposed to be 3X.
However, I don't really have the energy to fight with Privilege Club over this because that's weeks/months of my life down the drain. Good luck to those of you who do...
Great that it's captured in the T&C; I was looking for it and had forgotten that I could find it in the registered offers section.
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:38 am

Q points offer

Good luck with the privilege club customer services team, you will probably receive a cut and paste reply if your lucky.
Old Oct 9, 19, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Georgetrout View Post
Good luck with the privilege club customer services team, you will probably receive a cut and paste reply if your lucky.
😤
The last time I had to fight with them about bonuses on offers (last year, with the similar promo) it took about 6 months to get it resolved with escalations via [email protected], and the office in Colombo!
And that was much more straightforward clarification on accrual on O, T Classes when they are booked under "Economy Saver" (they sometimes appear there) 😤😩

A previous incident (they had offered me 3,000 Qmiles as a reconciliation, and wanted me to confirm - and took a year or so of chasing up to get) 😤😤😩

I was hoping that this reward will push me up to Platinum; now I not only have to fight to get the QPoints, if it goes much beyond the actual flight dates I might not get the points in in the window and will have another fight to get status adjusted 😤😤😤😩
Old Oct 9, 19, 4:18 am

I think the 3x was targeted. Just double checked and my offer code is 1909PC079 rather than 1909PC077. That's probably the reason why the CS got confused.

77 T&Cs:
Earn up to 3x bonus Qpoints*
Book online during the offer period and earn 2x bonus Qpoints in Economy and 3x bonus Qpoints in Premium cabin.

79 T&Cs:
Earn 3x bonus Qpoints
Book online during the offer period and earn 3x bonus Qpoints across all cabins.

If your offer code is 77, I won't expect more than 102 Qpoints in your case.
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Oct 9, 19, 4:56 am
Original Poster

I think the 3x was targeted. Just double checked and my offer code is 1909PC079 rather than 1909PC077. That's probably the reason why the CS got confused.

77 T&Cs:
Earn up to 3x bonus Qpoints*
Book online during the offer period and earn 2x bonus Qpoints in Economy and 3x bonus Qpoints in Premium cabin.

79 T&Cs:
Earn 3x bonus Qpoints
Book online during the offer period and earn 3x bonus Qpoints across all cabins.

If your offer code is 77, I won't expect more than 102 Qpoints in your case.
targeting might explain why you got the 3x; but it can't be the reason the CS got confused - because in his explanation he differentiates between Economy and Business Class
Also, in the 77 T&C it mentions (as MKE-MR cited) "Members will earn bonus Qpoints *over* the base Qpoints earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period."
Old Oct 10, 19, 1:05 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Sifaan View Post
targeting might explain why you got the 3x; but it can't be the reason the CS got confused - because in his explanation he differentiates between Economy and Business Class
Also, in the 77 T&C it mentions (as MKE-MR cited) "Members will earn bonus Qpoints *over* the base Qpoints earned on Qatar Airways flights during the offer period."
Actually, don't hate me but my T&C are from 7*8* (so there were at least three targeted versions out there...)
purple1addict likes this.

Search this Thread