Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Bonus QMiles/QPoints offer (September 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus QMiles/QPoints offer (September 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by sluneckov
Is it even possible to pass my unused qcredits to anyone? Still got 40 left and not gonna use them as I left this laughable program already
there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to transfer your qcredits to another person's account. however, you can use it to upgrade anyone's flight by searching for the person's booking with the booking reference and his/her last name.

my friend was about to do this for me the other night, but when she logged in to her account, her qcredits had disappeared. supposedly redeemed for 2 lounge passes which is actually absurd since she was travelling in J the date that she supposedly redeemed them, and had lounge access as part of her ticket.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Went for no status to GOLD in 1 return trip SYD to Paris

I could not believe this when I saw it. I quickly booked it using the x3 Qpoints and 2x Qmiles code.
I went from 80 Qpoints at the start of my trip to 430 by end of it.
The 3x Qpoints were instantly credited to my account and by the last leg of my trip Doha to Sydney I was gold and this was reflected on the Qatar Airways app.
I must say Qatar Airways treat their Gold members a lot better than Singapore airlines has ever treated me in my 4 years as a Gold KrisFlyer member.
Qatar Airways will be definitely getting my business from now on.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by matt0902
I could not believe this when I saw it. I quickly booked it using the x3 Qpoints and 2x Qmiles code.
I went from 80 Qpoints at the start of my trip to 430 by end of it.
The 3x Qpoints were instantly credited to my account and by the last leg of my trip Doha to Sydney I was gold and this was reflected on the Qatar Airways app.
I must say Qatar Airways treat their Gold members a lot better than Singapore airlines has ever treated me in my 4 years as a Gold KrisFlyer member.
Qatar Airways will be definitely getting my business from now on.
what was the offer code in the offer you received?
1909PC077, 078, 079 or something else?
and how was/is the bonus offer described - in the promotional email and in the my offers section in your PC login?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: qr
Maybe wrong thread so mod feel free to move. I booked a promo Q Points trip back in April now t sure of what promo code it was just registered via app before I booked. This gave double Q points for travel in a limited period- which for me worked to work towards retention of gold. Just done first two sectors and q points credited by the time I stepped off both flights. Interesting that they have not been shown as a separate promo energy on my account just the sector flown showed double amount , which is different to what I have experienced before - but least they have credited with QR customer service interaction !
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Update on the situation, I wrote a letter explaining what had happened so far (ambiguity in the offer where description suggests 2x (Y) / 3x (J) QPoints while T&C suggest 3x (Y) / 4x (J) and how it was confirmed by an agent) and I also included a research into the different promos on offer at the time to confirm that the agent who replied to me hadn't mixed up with another offer

1909PC074, 1909PC080, 1909PC081: No QPoint offers
1909PC079: 3x QPoints on all cabins (promo code QPH19)
1909PC078: 2x QPoints on all cabins (promo code QPO19)
1909PC076: 3x QPoints only in premium (promo code QPE19)
1909PC075: 4x QPoints on all cabins (bookings on 9/9), 3x QPoints on all cabins (9/10-9/17) (promo code QPB19)
1909PC077 is the only offer that had different QPoint Offers for Economy vs Premium cabin, and moreover the promo code is unique for each offer.
(the offers also had various multiples on QMiles and benefits for redemption tickets)

However, I didn't write direct to QRPC - I sent the letter to the tell-us@ address as well as the CMB office and in both cases asked them to escalate the issue to a supervisor
I didn't get a reply from tell-us but the CMB office did confirm that they escalated it on 11/25 - and on 11/30 the lost QPoints were adjusted in my account ��
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
So, to confirm, if i have the "Earn 2x bonus Qpoints" i should have received 3 times the normal qpoints, right? (I was only credited double qpoints.)
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: QRpc Plat
Anyone got their tier upgrade if you opted for the fast track to the next level, during this promotion?
I was told the upgrade was supposed to be effective of the 15th of December. Nothing here yet!

Tom
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by a9504477
So, to confirm, if i have the "Earn 2x bonus Qpoints" i should have received 3 times the normal qpoints, right? (I was only credited double qpoints.)
Yes, in my case I had a stronger argument as I had a explanation from the QRPC Service Desk.
Anyway, I think you should first write to QRPC quoting the terms and conditions of the offer (look at My Offers section) where it says the Bonus QPoints are allocated in addition to the regular.
(you could include that you are aware that other members have had their accounts adjusted to reflect 2x Bonus (3x in total)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.