Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Alternatives to the QR J breakfast monotony

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alternatives to the QR J breakfast monotony

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:40 pm

What was the Hindu dinner choice please?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Has anyone had the Hindu breakfast recently, and if so, is it still as good as the lamb paratha that OP posted? I have a Doh-kul morning flight coming up and, as was no surprise, my choices are a lame omelette with chicken sausage, a forgettable congee, and a boring Arabic breakfast.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:36 pm

Yes - I had spicy potatoes with some rather nicer than average chicken sausages on a DOH-CGK a fortnight back. I was sad it wasn't the paratha, but it was alright. The potatoes had a real kick which worked for me!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by mr_botak
Yes - I had spicy potatoes with some rather nicer than average chicken sausages on a DOH-CGK a fortnight back. I was sad it wasn't the paratha, but it was alright. The potatoes had a real kick which worked for me!
This was the hindu meal?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:47 pm

That's what I ordered, and it was confirmed as such. I think there may have been some adaption in the galley as I declined the dinner service and asked for everything at breakfast time.

In short, I didn't order the hindu option on the return and actually really enjoyed the congee.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: QR Gold
I pre-selected the Hindu non-vegetarian meal options on a recent early morning DOH-JNB in J (QR1363) and whilst I forget the names of the dishes, I was served a snack after take off and then had the main a few hours before arrival. The two images should show these, hopefully someone can remember what they were called. I agree that the spicy potatoes were the best thing on the plate, although I first thought it was a banana. I had eaten in the lounge before boarding so I was not after much food.

This was the snack

This was their chicken 'sausage' wrapped in some pastry.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:24 am

Oh I got two chicken sausages, some greens and those potatoes, which if you were thinking banana must have been a heck of a surprise!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Jeeze.. thanks to me they've run out of lamb and have resorted to a sausage in paratha situation. Unbelievable!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:13 am

Qr834 doh-bkk

Hindu Breakfast DOH-BKK QR834

When I saw the OP's photo of a Hindu Breakfast, it looked exactly ideal for my own taste so I ordered the Hindu option.

On my flight I was not so lucky. I had just awakened and was in a bit of a dwam. But my recollection of it was that it was like two sausages that had the texture of kebabs. But not spicy, not succulent and extremely dry. Then there were two spicy mashed potato fritters (Aloo Bonda?) which I quite enjoyed. Then there were more potatoes in the form of fried wedges that were seriously overcooked/partially burnt; but which were nevertheless tasty, being well seasoned and slightly spicy. The chunky tomato sauce/relish had a kick to it and provided much needed moistness to the dish.

I think it could be quite some time before the regular breakfast will become monotonous enough for me to risk another Hindu alternative. But I do realise others have had to endure it too often. I hope my feedback will help for future decision making.
purple1addict and Schwann like this.

Last edited by Downgraded High-Flyer; Jan 3, 2020 at 8:31 am
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:59 am

Yes - that's what I got, except mine was beautifully plated.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:17 am

That's what I had as well on QR291 DOH - PRG. The sausages were dry but liked the rest of it. Still preferred this to the Arabic breakfast.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...ovid-19-a.html

Looks like QR have taken our advice onboard (if you'll pardon the pun) and introduced some more exciting breakfast options.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
The breakfasts are perfectly fine standard fare...curry for breakfast-really?. Maybe for some, but it's definitely not for everyone's palate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.