Wiki Posts
Search

Plastic Object found in Soup

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Plastic Object found in Soup

Flying Man - Doh today on QR 28 (28th Sept), ordered food to be served soon after take off, business class empty so service pretty efficient, sadly when the Soup was served i found a sharp plastic object on the first spoonful, looked perhaps like a corner of packaging, certainly was hard plastic and not cardboard material.

Crew basically didn't know what to say, and didn't know if the plastic had appeared either from the supplier or from when the soup was heated, could have been nasty if i had swallowed or chewed on the object...... the crew unable to give a customer service email or number but honestly if i did complain i doubt i would get a reply......
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by walkingtall
Crew basically didn't know what to say, and didn't know if the plastic had appeared either from the supplier or from when the soup was heated, could have been nasty if i had swallowed or chewed on the object...... the crew unable to give a customer service email or number but honestly if i did complain i doubt i would get a reply......
Yes, it could have been nasty if you had swallowed or chewed the object. But fortunately you didn't. And even if you did get a reply, would you expect much more than: We're terribly sorry? I agree, it shouldn't have happened. And my response would be completely different if you had been injured. But you weren't. No harm, no foul.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:21 am

Always worth reporting it even if not looking for a reply. If they keep records it could show if any pattern is developing and allow it to be addressed.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC
[email protected] is as good as any address to use. But don't expect much.
Georgetrout likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yes, it could have been nasty if you had swallowed or chewed the object. But fortunately you didn't. And even if you did get a reply, would you expect much more than: We're terribly sorry? I agree, it shouldn't have happened. And my response would be completely different if you had been injured. But you weren't. No harm, no foul.
i agree 100% no harm was done, but saying "No Harm no Foul" is a crazy comment, if the supplier/QR food preparation system allows this to happen, then something needs to change rather than wait for choking/ injury to happen, but maybe my thoughts are different to yours.

For the record i would not be looking for any compensation,apology or even reply , i would much prefer they look at the food preparation so that foreign objects are not placed within the food, QR advertise high standards and one would hope they would provide them....
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
[email protected] is as good as any address to use. But don't expect much.
Much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.