Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Which Do You Prefer in C: Q Suite or 350 Seat

Old Sep 26, 19, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM

I recently had two long distance flights on QATAR in C. One was on a 350 with their open seat and one on a 777 in QSuite. I was excited to get the new Suite. After the flight I got to thinking which I really preferred? I found the Q Suite very enclosing and close. I kind of liked the open feeling of the 350.

Which C product do you like and why (or why not)?
Old Sep 26, 19, 6:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
A350 open is my favourite seat, especially 7K, in the smaller rear cabin, guess I have been lucky most flights no one else in rear cabin or on other side so feels private. Q-suite nice, but it is not that comfortable, I am 6ft2, and something about it just feels not right.
Old Sep 26, 19, 9:24 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
I get to try both next year. Q-Suites on the LAX-DOH and return and the open suite on the A350 on the DOH-CPT and return.

I didn't think that there was a bad seat in J with a lay flat service, even in a BA club world, but the JAL Sky Suite I on their 777 service this weekend is probably the ropiest J lie flat seat I’ve experienced. I’m hoping for good thing on both the Q-suites and the A350 open suites.
Old Sep 26, 19, 10:14 pm

The JAL Sky Suites (1st version) are B/E Apex seats seats... are you sure you’re referring to these?

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi.../skysuite.html

In my mind, when travelling as a single person, these are some of the best seats available if you can get the window seats

Back on the topic at hand: I prefer the Q-Suites over the herringbone seats... but from a space perspective, the old 773 seats trump all (though not from a privacy perspective).

Last edited by crackjack; Sep 26, 19 at 10:19 pm
Old Sep 26, 19, 10:15 pm

Oops, double post.
Old Sep 26, 19, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by crackjack View Post
The JAL Sky Suites (1st version) are B/E Apex seats seats... are you sure youíre referring to these?

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi.../skysuite.html

In my mind, when travelling as a single person, these are some of the best seats available if you can get the window seats

Back on the topic at hand: I prefer the Q-Suites over the herringbone seats... but from a space perspective, the old 773 seats trump all (though not from a privacy perspective).
Oops my mistake. We had Sky Suites I on the SAN-NRT (and Return) and those seats were fabulous. It was the HND-SIN and the SIN-NRT legs where we had the Sky suites III on their 777 service where I thought the seats were terrible. Even traveling as as couple, I avoided the middle pairs due to the ďelevationĒ on the G seats, so we went with a tandem on the K side, but I found the seat very restrictive on space (and Iím not a big guy) and very uncomfortable in the lay flat configuration. It took me a while to find a semi comfortable position that allowed me to grab a little sleep.
crackjack likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
350 J by far. The seat, itself, is, IMO, much more comfortable than the seat in the QSuite. And while it isn't as private as the QSuite, of course, it's private enough for me to sleep well.
Old Sep 27, 19, 5:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
I do prefer the Qsuite, rearfacing window seat - for me it is enough space and I do like the privacy. The 350 "normal" J is very good as well, but we are talking about preferences ;-)
ngfan likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 6:17 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TonyBurr View Post
I recently had two long distance flights on QATAR in C. One was on a 350 with their open seat and one on a 777 in QSuite. I was excited to get the new Suite. After the flight I got to thinking which I really preferred? I found the Q Suite very enclosing and close. I kind of liked the open feeling of the 350.

Which C product do you like and why (or why not)?
Qsuite for me.

I'm 6'2" but find there's still enough room to stretch out. Also, I find the Qsuite set-up reduces some ambient noise & I don't have to watch fellow pax going through their irritating (to me at least!) habits.
Old Sep 27, 19, 9:23 am

My preference is a Q suite on a 350
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen View Post
I get to try both next year. Q-Suites on the LAX-DOH and return and the open suite on the A350 on the DOH-CPT and return.

I didn't think that there was a bad seat in J with a lay flat service, even in a BA club world, but the JAL Sky Suite I on their 777 service this weekend is probably the ropiest J lie flat seat Iíve experienced. Iím hoping for good thing on both the Q-suites and the A350 open suites.
Pretty sure that route is getting Qsuites in November last I read
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:24 am

Cool to see people like the 350. I should have the chance to try both in April (IAH-DOH-JNB, WDH-DOH-IAH)
Old Sep 27, 19, 1:45 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by quitecryptic View Post
Cool to see people like the 350. I should have the chance to try both in April (IAH-DOH-JNB, WDH-DOH-IAH)
Independent of the seats, thinking of noise and on board climate, the A350 is by far the best airplane (for me), just topped by the A380!
ngfan likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen View Post
Originally Posted by quitecryptic View Post
Pretty sure that route is getting Qsuites in November last I read
I think I must still have jet lag (or the in flight Champagne hasnít worn off yet) from my flying visit to the Singapore F1 race last weekend (via Tokyo) We are actually going out LAX-DOH-JNB (Q suites 777 and then open suite A350) and then flying back home CPT-DOH-LAX ( open suites A350 and then Q suites 777). I see that at least one of the DOH-JNB services (the red eye) has switched to the Q suites A350, but Iím taking the early flight next morning in order to have a look round Qatar and that flight is still showing as open suites A350. I have EF aircraft change alerts set up for both of the South African flight, just in case.
Old Sep 28, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: WY Gold, EK Gold, EY Silver
I prefer the old 359/788 seat, Qsuites was just a sad disappointment.
The older seats had better padding and were more comfortable, while the Qsuite is hard, claustrophobic and very disappointing*.

*The reason I think that the Qsuites are disappointing, is because when the product was announced I had the impression that it would actually be an F seat, like WY's old J product modernised. Kind of like the 380 F seat with doors...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: