Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How to check availability for Qmiles upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, SQ, Garuda

HI guys,

A new member here . I'm going for a trip from New York to Jakarta this end of year, and thinking to convert some of my citimiles to Qmiles to ugprade my economy ticket to business. However, the website doesn't allow us to check unless we have QMiles. Anyone know a method to check?

I'm flying 2 person and I don't want to convert my citimiles unless it's available (since Qmiles can expire while citimiles dont)

3-Jan-2020
21:00 JFK - 17.05 DOH
QR 702
Boeing 777-300ER

18.50 DOH - 07:35 CGK
QR 958
Boeing 787-8
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
T

Nothing available, sorry!

I just checked. No upgrades available as of now.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, SQ, Garuda
Oh well. Anyone know when usually it will appear (if it ever will)?

Anyway, thanks for helping out!!!!
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
There is another way:
1. Log in with your PC credentials.
2. Go to Dashboard and scroll down to your itinerary (under Upcoming Trips).
3. Press the Upgrade button, then select the itinerary, then select pax, and click on "Check availability and price".

It's a painfully slow process, but it gets you the info...
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
How quick is the transfer from Citimiles to Qmiles? Often with QR the best time to upgrade is at the airport itself, if the transfer is near instantaneous then I would recommend that as the best route. If its not then perhaps look to transfer to AA miles and book on their a direct business and cancel the economy as their redemptions are much better priced than QR.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by florin
There is another way:
1. Log in with your PC credentials.
2. Go to Dashboard and scroll down to your itinerary (under Upcoming Trips).
3. Press the Upgrade button, then select the itinerary, then select pax, and click on "Check availability and price".

It's a painfully slow process, but it gets you the info...
Does it normally work?
I've tried about 50 times for an upcoming DOH LHR flight. It says available but then when proceeding after receiving the OTP i get a technical error. I have tried to calling and emailing and they only says the upgrade is not available (seems like standard answer as they say it before I have said anything about the flight or etc).
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nick5000
Does it normally work?
I've tried about 50 times for an upcoming DOH LHR flight. It says available but then when proceeding after receiving the OTP i get a technical error. I have tried to calling and emailing and they only says the upgrade is not available (seems like standard answer as they say it before I have said anything about the flight or etc).
I don't know if it works. I have an upcoming itin and I've been checking daily but there is no UG availability for any of the flights, so I haven't been able to actually test it out.
If you try to book that flight with miles, does it show as available?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by florin
I don't know if it works. I have an upcoming itin and I've been checking daily but there is no UG availability for any of the flights, so I haven't been able to actually test it out.
If you try to book that flight with miles, does it show as available?
It's not available anymore now, so I can't check. Does awards come out of same availability as upgrades?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
How quick is the transfer from Citimiles to Qmiles? Often with QR the best time to upgrade is at the airport itself, if the transfer is near instantaneous then I would recommend that as the best route. If its not then perhaps look to transfer to AA miles and book on their a direct business and cancel the economy as their redemptions are much better priced than QR.
Is it cheaper and/or more availability if you upgrade at the airport?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Does it normally work?
Which browser are you using? It normally fails for me (also at OTP stage) if I use Safari, but Chrome seems to work fine. Desktop version at least.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Which browser are you using? It normally fails for me (also at OTP stage) if I use Safari, but Chrome seems to work fine. Desktop version at least.
Using chrome. It's better in incognito mode, then at least the link to the manual upgrade Request form works, but then they reply with "not availble '.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:39 pm

Does it normally work?
Note that the most discounted economy fare classes are not eligible for upgrades, so that might be a reason why no upgrade options show.

I also had some weird issues when trying to upgrade from my partner’s PC account and the issue was that she didn’t complete her profile (no address info). After completing profile she could upgrade without issues.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by tomonFT
Note that the most discounted economy fare classes are not eligible for upgrades, so that might be a reason why no upgrade options show.

I also had some weird issues when trying to upgrade from my partner’s PC account and the issue was that she didn’t complete her profile (no address info). After completing profile she could upgrade without issues.
Thanks, yes I already had that issue. Then the upgrade option didn't appear at all (with no explanation).
Note that in my case the upgrade does appear as available for 20k miles (H fare), and everything works until the last step, after receiving the OTP then it's a technical error.
But good to know that online upgrades work sometimes at least.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
I saw the below error a few times last year, but I'd say the last 20+ times I've upgraded online, it's worked perfectly fine.

Thanks, yes I already had that issue. Then the upgrade option didn't appear at all (with no explanation).
Note that in my case the upgrade does appear as available for 20k miles (H fare), and everything works until the last step, after receiving the OTP then it's a technical error.
But good to know that online upgrades work sometimes at least.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: QRPC-Gold
Hi guys, hope you don’t mind me posting on this thread as my question is similar.

I’m trying to upgrade the following from economy to business
LHR - DOH QR4 17th Oct
DOH - CGK QR956 18th Oct
Economy saver fare class Q
Flights seem to be about 50% full in business looking at Seat Alerts.
I’m getting no availability, does anyone has experience on availability becoming available closer to the date? I’ve never been able to upgrade online, always at the airport (although LHR tends to limit to 2/3 upgrades per flight). Ideally I’d like to use my 40 Qcredits on one sector, does anyone know how I find out how many are needed for the sectors? Also can I combine Qcredits and miles on an individual sector?
Many thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.