Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How to check availability for Qmiles upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to check availability for Qmiles upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: QRPC, SAS Eurobonus
When you log in to your Dashboard, look for the QCalculator. That should give you the answer on how many QCredits you need.

There is unfortunately no way to combine QCredits and QMiles, so expect to end up with some unused (unusable) QCredits....

Originally Posted by Becky8
Hi guys, hope you don’t mind me posting on this thread as my question is similar.

I’m trying to upgrade the following from economy to business
LHR - DOH QR4 17th Oct
DOH - CGK QR956 18th Oct
Economy saver fare class Q
Flights seem to be about 50% full in business looking at Seat Alerts.
I’m getting no availability, does anyone has experience on availability becoming available closer to the date? I’ve never been able to upgrade online, always at the airport (although LHR tends to limit to 2/3 upgrades per flight). Ideally I’d like to use my 40 Qcredits on one sector, does anyone know how I find out how many are needed for the sectors? Also can I combine Qcredits and miles on an individual sector?
Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by mk1dk
T

Nothing available, sorry!

I just checked. No upgrades available as of now.
Does the upgrade inventory come out of the same as the business award inventory? Is that a reliable way of checking available upgrades prior to booking the flight?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: QRPC
You can check QR availability on ba.com by simulating a avios booking. Faster than via qr website... Via qantas website works as well but it’s not very intuitive..
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nick5000
Does the upgrade inventory come out of the same as the business award inventory? Is that a reliable way of checking available upgrades prior to booking the flight?
Generally, yes. Although we have seen the odd occasion on this board where an upgrade doesn't go through even with availability showing - and the QRPC team aren't able to resolve either. Checking business *standard* award availability (not Q2) is the *most* reliable way though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.