Delay CGK-DOH QR959 18 Sept

Old Sep 18, 19, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, TK*G, A3*G
Delay CGK-DOH QR959 18 Sept

Anyone affected by this delay/cancellation ? Whatever happened to QR 959 which was initially delayed to 0920am then later cancelled? Saw a scrum of passengers at the gate counters desperately trying to rebook.

BTW, the transfer counters at CGK terminal 3 do not allow for an inter line transfer from SQ to QR ; they insist that their systems are only meant for GA.
Old Sep 18, 19, 1:13 pm

Don't know, but QR Source suggests there have been some planned cancellations, albeit CGK is not one of them.

So one has to pass through immigration and check in landside unless connection is onto GA?
Old Sep 18, 19, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mr_botak View Post
Don't know, but QR Source suggests there have been some planned cancellations, albeit CGK is not one of them.

So one has to pass through immigration and check in landside unless connection is onto GA?
Not a planned cancellation I am afraid .. A7-BCU is still stuck in Jakarta , probably went tech

Yup! For those doing frequent SQ-QR runs at CGK , seems like going in and out of immigration is the only option unless one can try asking for special assistance ahead of time .
Old Sep 18, 19, 11:22 pm

Thanks - given that I'm doing a transit soon I guess I'll book GA.
Old Sep 19, 19, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
I was on the flight and it was chaos ..... QR couldn't run a bath when it comes to problems

Basically the ground staff couldn't rebook , you had to look for flights yourself and then suggest the flights to the ground staff who would then call the Jakarta office who would rebook the flight, proactive it wasn't .... but have to say the Jakarta office staff where very good , myself I was rebooked via Singapore to London on Garuda/British Airways in J and arrived 9 hours late ....

QR maybe 5 Star in the air, but certainly not on the ground
Old Sep 19, 19, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mr_botak View Post
Thanks - given that I'm doing a transit soon I guess I'll book GA.
Probably the ground staff could assist for QR-GA transfer but not GA-QR ... the reason is their computer systems are different a la ďcomputer says noĒ
Old Sep 19, 19, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
I was on the flight and it was chaos ..... QR couldn't run a bath when it comes to problems

Basically the ground staff couldn't rebook , you had to look for flights yourself and then suggest the flights to the ground staff who would then call the Jakarta office who would rebook the flight, proactive it wasn't .... but have to say the Jakarta office staff where very good , myself I was rebooked via Singapore to London on Garuda/British Airways in J and arrived 9 hours late ....

QR maybe 5 Star in the air, but certainly not on the ground
Geez sorry to hear - Whatever happened to A7-BCU? Technical issues ?

I had just landed on the incoming QR 958 from LHR/DOH and was transferring to SQ when I noticed the chaos at the gate ! Yes indeed QR falters when there are irregular ops . I wonder what would have happened if the flight was cancelled during out of office hours ...
Old Sep 19, 19, 9:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Honestly they didn't give any reason for the delay other than at first saying the aircraft under preparation and then finally there is a fault which they mentioned at around 10am, they didn't cancel the flight until 2pm i believe

If out of hours i do not think the ground staff could not do anything until the office opens in Jakarta other than place you on a later Qatar Flight.

There wasn't a lot of choice from CGK that day, SQ,TK where fully booked, Emirates and Etihad they can't use or transfer too , which basically left transit in KL,HKG or Sin and the preference was to use One World.
Old Sep 20, 19, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by walkingtall View Post
Honestly they didn't give any reason for the delay other than at first saying the aircraft under preparation and then finally there is a fault which they mentioned at around 10am, they didn't cancel the flight until 2pm i believe

If out of hours i do not think the ground staff could not do anything until the office opens in Jakarta other than place you on a later Qatar Flight.

There wasn't a lot of choice from CGK that day, SQ,TK where fully booked, Emirates and Etihad they can't use or transfer too , which basically left transit in KL,HKG or Sin and the preference was to use One World.
What ?? Not even a definite reason given for the flight cancellation ? I am certain you werenít impressed by the buffet of muffins they offered next to the gate as a peace offering

I guess this is the risk we all take when we fly out of certain stations where the ground support isnít as robust - the ex-CGK J fares to UK/JFK are just too tempting to bypass

Search this Thread
Search Engine: