QR171/172 & QR832/833 - Qsuite?

Old Sep 13, 19, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

QR171/172 & QR832/833 - Qsuite?

Hi, on the Qatar website, in the Qsuite section it indicates that these flights have Qsuite.
However, when trying dummy bookings, they don't show as Qsuite on the Qatar booking pages (other flights e.g. from LHR do show as Qsuite).

Anyone able to clarify?
These are for bookings in July & August 2020 if that matters.

Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 19, 3:01 pm

Rule 1 - never book a QR flight on the basis of the equipment planned to operate it. Particularly if it involves BKK :-)
Old Sep 14, 19, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Whilst the roulette of aircraft swaps can happen at any time with QR, you really can't have much degree of certainty for the Summer 20 schedule yet.

However what has happened in recent months is that QR have been prepared to swap customers to an adjacent flight for free if you were originally booked on a QSuites flight and the aircraft gets swapped. This is an unwritten customer service gesture, and obviously depends on flights having space, etc
Aston100 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 19, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoyed too much to care about Marriott/ BAEC Gold
have had a number of QR832/833 flights with and without Qsuite.... don't COUNT on it.
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nilsfr69 View Post
have had a number of QR832/833 flights with and without Qsuite.... don't COUNT on it.
Right, and when they weren't Qsuite configured, did they have the reverse herringbone seats, or was it the old 2-2-2?
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Whilst the roulette of aircraft swaps can happen at any time with QR, you really can't have much degree of certainty for the Summer 20 schedule yet.

However what has happened in recent months is that QR have been prepared to swap customers to an adjacent flight for free if you were originally booked on a QSuites flight and the aircraft gets swapped. This is an unwritten customer service gesture, and obviously depends on flights having space, etc
Thanks that is interesting to note.
I am curious why certain flights out of London are marked as having Qsuite on the booking pages (specifically the bit where you have to select promo/saver/flexi etc), but the ones in the subject line are not? even though all of these are listed as Qsuite routes on the main Qatar website, under the Qsuite section.
Is it because Qatar are confident that the 4 Qsuite designated London routes (i.e. not the a380 ones) will always have a Qsuite configured plane on it, no matter what, and the routes from certain other European cities are more likely to see an equipment change?
Old Sep 14, 19, 11:47 am

Programs: Bonvoyed too much to care about Marriott/ BAEC Gold
always "old" 777, but always perfect service. just check frequently so you get the seat you desire (either bulkhead window, or any middle, for me)
(and 2 times the change happened so late(?) that I noticed it at the gate only, (expertflyer didn't even show)
Originally Posted by Aston100 View Post
Right, and when they weren't Qsuite configured, did they have the reverse herringbone seats, or was it the old 2-2-2?
Aston100 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 19, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by Aston100 View Post
Thanks that is interesting to note.
I am curious why certain flights out of London are marked as having Qsuite on the booking pages (specifically the bit where you have to select promo/saver/flexi etc), but the ones in the subject line are not? even though all of these are listed as Qsuite routes on the main Qatar website, under the Qsuite section.
Is it because Qatar are confident that the 4 Qsuite designated London routes (i.e. not the a380 ones) will always have a Qsuite configured plane on it, no matter what, and the routes from certain other European cities are more likely to see an equipment change?
Qatar does make a statement about its intentions to put QSuites on certain flight rotations - that can be seen on their own website however they do end up not adhering to these intentions, mainly because they work their fleet very hard and one of the QSuite aircraft being unexpectedly unavailable does put a hole in the schedule. There are other rotations that will be listed in the booking engine as having QSuites but these are less guaranteed. And of course their conditions of carriage do stress that the type of aircraft is not guaranteed so from a contractural point of view you have no leg to stand on.

That being said, if the flights you are hoping to take are listed as rotations on that QSuite page you are more likely than not to get them, espeically with a growing pool of aircraft now that have QSuites fitted. And if you do get swapped to a non-QSuites aircraft with some notice in advance you will have a case to approach customer services to ask to shift your flight dates - an unwritten gesture from their customer services but one that is reported to work by several people in recent months, but not there is no guarantee this will work for you, or continue to work in future.

In general terms, Qatar will have a good rummage in their scheduling system in December/January for the summer schedule, and June/July for the Winter schedule. Then apart from small changes affecting a handful of routes it's generally quiet unless they can predict some forward impact to their operations. Once you get to the last month before you fly you are less likely to see an aircraft change as this will impact their cargo bookings - and the qrcargo.com website is actually a useful additional place to go and check what is scheduled for flights. Your main risk once you are in the last month before you fly is a a frame swap in the last 24 hours before you fly, and sometimes you will only find out when you get to the gate, obviously this will be as a result of some IRROPS and could affect any airline. Lonndon, as Qatar's premier destination across Europe is more likely to be protected than others to maintain their best service cabins. But even then stuff can happen to impose a last minute swap.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 7:50 am

I'm flying on QR832 on 4th October 2019. The seat map is showing a 77W with Qsuites- MMB has the staggered QSuites seat map and it's listed as Qsuites when I try a dummy booking. But the seatmap only shows 6 rows of J.

I can't see any Qsuites planes configured with 6 rows. Do they exist?

The only 77W with 6 rows of J is a high density configuration with the old (old old) J seats. Sounds like a downgrade could be likely. Anyone seen this before?
Old Sep 25, 19, 8:08 am

Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Originally Posted by OJB84 View Post
I'm flying on QR832 on 4th October 2019. The seat map is showing a 77W with Qsuites- MMB has the staggered QSuites seat map and it's listed as Qsuites when I try a dummy booking. But the seatmap only shows 6 rows of J.

I can't see any Qsuites planes configured with 6 rows. Do they exist?

The only 77W with 6 rows of J is a high density configuration with the old (old old) J seats. Sounds like a downgrade could be likely. Anyone seen this before?
QR832 on 4 October has Q-Suites at this moment. (referring to Expertflyer, which reflects what QR has filed) Indeed this confirms your MMB seat map.

Indeed the 6 rows is a mystery to me as well; there isn't supposed to be Q-suite layout with 6 rows !
Wonder if anybody can explain this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 8:27 am

Programs: QR PC Gold
Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
QR832 on 4 October has Q-Suites at this moment. (referring to Expertflyer, which reflects what QR has filed) Indeed this confirms your MMB seat map.

Indeed the 6 rows is a mystery to me as well; there isn't supposed to be Q-suite layout with 6 rows !
Wonder if anybody can explain this.
As per the wiki there are currently 3 x 777's in high density configuration with Qsuite.

77N (777-300ER v4): QSuites in J, 1-2-1 config. WiFi. 24J 388Y (10 across Y) A7-BAX,Z and BEB
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:39 am

I'm on 172 on Dec 30. According to the seat map it remains a Q-Suite as it was when I booked a few months back.
Old Sep 25, 19, 12:47 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
I will be on 172 next week. That particular flight has been a non-Qsuite A359 since booking the flight two months ago.
Old Sep 25, 19, 8:00 pm

Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Originally Posted by kl1987 View Post
As per the wiki there are currently 3 x 777's in high density configuration with Qsuite.

77N (777-300ER v4): QSuites in J, 1-2-1 config. WiFi. 24J 388Y (10 across Y) A7-BAX,Z and BEB
OK, So this means Seatguru doesn't have a correct map of this configuration.
thanks.
Old Sep 26, 19, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
OK, So this means Seatguru doesn't have a correct map of this configuration.
thanks.
Seatguru is notoriously bad for getting QR seatmaps right. EF, Qatarcargo, and the ft thread on Qatar’s fleet are the best options for figuring out seatmaps.
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread