Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

1h55 in DOH: Enough, and what is Al Mourjan lounge like?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton

Considering booking ZAG-DOH-HND and SIN-DOH-ZAG as open-jaw in J. Want to book a 1h55 connection on the way back. Anyone know if this is enough? I also want to point out that the inbound flight, QR947, shows to be delayed around 25 mins very often, so would a 1h30 be doable (if needed)?

The next flight out to ZAG is 6 hours later. If I misconnect the first ZAG flight, I would use the lounge (Al Mourjan I believe), is this fine/nice for a visit of up to 5.5 hours? What is the food like?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Considering booking ZAG-DOH-HND and SIN-DOH-ZAG as open-jaw in J. Want to book a 1h55 connection on the way back. Anyone know if this is enough? I also want to point out that the inbound flight, QR947, shows to be delayed around 25 mins very often, so would a 1h30 be doable (if needed)?
Yes. Doha, while a huge airport, runs pretty efficiently IME. 90 minutes is plenty of time to make a connection.

Originally Posted by yyztozag
The next flight out to ZAG is 6 hours later. If I misconnect the first ZAG flight, I would use the lounge (Al Mourjan I believe), is this fine/nice for a visit of up to 5.5 hours? What is the food like?
Depends somewhat on the time of day. 1100-1630 will be much more pleasant than 0100-0630, as Al Mourjan isn't that great for sleeping, The Al Mourjan food is OK, generally, I rate it a C+. The food in the deli is better than the food in the dining room because each hot item is freshly made, like the grilled tomato and mozzarella sandwiches I quite like.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Fairly limited experience but the airport runs very well. If you are late or very tight connection it is possible you'll have someone waiting at the gate as you exit your flight to take you directly to your connecting flight.

5 Hours is probably good time to freshen up, explore the lounge options and not be too long
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
1:55 is plenty of time - you even have time for a meal and a shower if your inbound is on time.
I generally have these approx. 2 hrs connections in DOH and it always works out with time to spare.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
We've had between 90 minutes and 3 hours when connecting and have always managed a shower, a bite to eat from the grill and a glass of champagne or two. You'll be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.