Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J class out of CDG Paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

J class out of CDG Paris

Hi all bit of a stupid question some may think, but here we go. April 2020 flying CDG-HAN in J so just wondering if the menus will be in French or English. Booked this as over £1k more to fly from home at LHR. Also any info on CDG as never been there, getting between terminals, lounge , etc. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: BA:GOLD
-Menus will always have at least English regardless of the destination.
-QR has a dedicated lounge at CDG terminal 1 which is where all QR flights depart from.
-There is an airport shuttle (CDGVAL) that goes from Terminal 2 (Assuming you are arriving from London with U2 or BA) to Terminal 1. It is very straightforward to transfer between the two terminals and should take you no more than 20-25 minutes.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by frausflyer
-There is an airport shuttle (CDGVAL) that goes from Terminal 2 (Assuming you are arriving from London with U2 or BA) to Terminal 1. It is very straightforward to transfer between the two terminals and should take you no more than 20-25 minutes.
I feel like this is a slight underestimate as the BA area of T2 is so damn far from where the CDGVAL station is! I am an extremely quick walker and it takes me the best part of 15 minutes just to walk from the BA baggage claim area to the T2 CDGVAL station, so please bear this distance in mind. I think the journey is doable in around half an hour.

If you have no bags to check, note it is also possible to do an airside transfer by bus which avoids some hassle but is likely not much quicker (and possibly slower) than going landside as the buses are not particularly frequent and still require you to reclear security.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There will be menu in English.

QR has a wonderful lounge at T1, with two nice outdoor areas if weather permit. Not crowded.
There are three QR flights, some provide PJs, sone don't. Check the dashboard. You are assured of PJ on QR38, QR40 and 42 less so.
If you take the evening fligh (QR38), ther will be no dinner onboard, so I suggest you eat in the lounge and have breakfast before arrival.
The seat will depend on the flight/aircraft you take. You can look at the dashboard. CDG sometimes get the 77W with the old pair seat. I like them as a couple, but less privacy if you travel single. QR38 usually gets the A351 with Qsuite, but aircraft can change often on QR.

You do not indicate if you will be transferring from UK or spending the night before in Paris. If you transfer insure a long transfer time. It depends on the airline you arrive on. As mentioned above, it can be a long walk to reach CDGVAL from T2A. If you arrive from UK, you will have to clear immigration. That can take long time (faster at T2A). Then reclaim your luggage, go to CDGVAL station, wait a bit, arrive at T1 after a stop at T3, go to QR check-in counter. The line for J pax is usually quick, except maybe for the A380 flight. Then you go up, clear immigration and go to the lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all so far. Booked on QR40 @ 15.05 so looking at BA (J) from LHR around 08.30 that gives plenty of time to land, passport, baggage, transport to T1and checkin. At present A380 in/out of CDG it may change but no problem if it dose. Are there moving walkways from T2a reclaim to the rail connection anybody know.
Again thanks in advance.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by elansear
Thanks to all so far. Booked on QR40 @ 15.05 so looking at BA (J) from LHR around 08.30 that gives plenty of time to land, passport, baggage, transport to T1and checkin. At present A380 in/out of CDG it may change but no problem if it dose. Are there moving walkways from T2a reclaim to the rail connection anybody know.
Again thanks in advance.
Yes, but i) they move very slowly and ii) sometimes they are not switched on or are under maintenance, so be prepared for a long walk just in case.

I have booked that exact connection before and it will probably lead you to arrive at T1 slightly before the QR check in desk is open so should allow plenty of time unless the BA flight is very delayed.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Sep 6, 2019 at 7:15 am
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Yes, but i) they move very slowly and ii) sometimes they are not switched on or are under maintenance, so be prepared for a long walk just in case.

I have booked that exact connection before and it will probably lead you to arrive at T1 slightly before the QR check in desk is open so should allow plenty of time unless the BA flight is very delayed.
Moving walkaways between 2A and CDGVAL station?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Moving walkaways between 2A and CDGVAL station?
Am I mis-remembering a different airport? I swear there are some travelators between the CDGVAL station and T2 (not many, but a couple).
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Again thanks in advance.
Enough time unless your flights is cancelled in which case all bets are off. As long as you understand the risks of travelling on separate tickets, you should be ok.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
If your BA flight is the only one scheduled to arrive in time for you to make the QR flight, I would probably consider flying in the night before, just to reduce the risk of the connection. The last thing you want is to arrive too late for the QR flight and lose the whole trip
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I see BA 304 at 0720 and 306 at 0855. Assuming the later flight, scheduled to arrive CDG at 1115. QR 40 is the return of QR 39. They turn the plane pretty quickly. Once QR 39 arrives, they board QR 40 as soon as the aircraft is ready. (I've done both flights on the same day as a MR.) You should be fine on time, but no dawdling.

The chances of an equipment switch are quite small on this flight. It's been a dedicated 380 pair (39 and 40) for a very long time. IIRC it was one of the early dedicated 380 pairs.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:13 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Am I mis-remembering a different airport? I swear there are some travelators between the CDGVAL station and T2 (not many, but a couple).
You're correct.

Between 2C and the CDGVAL station, there are 2 moving walkways on the slightly uphill parts.

They're not long, but you do usually get a view of the MEA plane before it heads to Beirut.

I used to transfer from BA to QR twice a month at CDG, and I hated every second of it; until I found a car service between the 2 terminals and everything was better!

Allow an hour to get between the terminals in case you miss the shuttle terminal train.

M
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all. Not sure yet which BA to go for yet. If they do what they are today,strike,then it will be Eurotunnel and drive to CDG !!! Thanks again...
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
You're correct.

Between 2C and the CDGVAL station, there are 2 moving walkways on the slightly uphill parts.

They're not long, but you do usually get a view of the MEA plane before it heads to Beirut.

I used to transfer from BA to QR twice a month at CDG, and I hated every second of it; until I found a car service between the 2 terminals and everything was better!

Allow an hour to get between the terminals in case you miss the shuttle terminal train.

M
I forgot about these two short ones. But they only cover a short fraction of the long walk.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all that have provided input. Think we will take the earler flight from LHR to be on the safe side. Looking forward to returning to Qatar were very impressed with them last time about 5 years ago.
kaffir76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.