FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Qatar Air. This is kinda a weird one and need assistance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1985037-qatar-air-kinda-weird-one-need-assistance.html)

RetiredATLATC Aug 29, 2019 6:30 am

Qatar Air. This is kinda a weird one and need assistance

Last Wednesday my wife and I were scheduled to fly QR J from IAH-DOH-MLE. The flight, after 6+ hours was cancelled due to a flap issue (no Qsuites after a year waiting to experience them). They put us up in a local Hilton etc.

Next morning they sporadically rang and said to wait at the Hilton until further advised. Being who I am, and knowing what I know, left and went to the airport and with a little prodding, got onto BA 194 to LHR J, upgraded to F, and then reconnected to DOH and MLE on QR (missing a day of vacation) which stinks, but the QR flight was cancelled the next night @IAH as well (as I thought it would and why I went to the airport initially).

All that to say, my Executive account has posted the LHR-DOH and DOH-MLE J flights and am wondering how long I need to wait for the IAH-LHR F to post. The thing that concerns me is this was a QR ticket, that they switched to a BA segment IAH-LHR. I've tried the normal, "missing Avios" route but it won't accept the ticket number as, again, it's QR stock, but an F BA segment. Should I just wait or should this have posted by now (as the other 2 segments did)?

I hope this makes sense and thanks for your help

obscure2k Aug 29, 2019 7:59 am

Moving thread to the Qatar Airways Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

ajeleonard Aug 29, 2019 8:10 am

Originally Posted by obscure2k (Post 31469744)
Moving thread to the Qatar Airways Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

It looks like OP is trying to credit the flight to BA Executive Club, so the BA forum might be a better home than Qatar forum

remdk Aug 29, 2019 8:52 am

RetiredATLATC QR usually only credit for original ticketed route only. That is what you paid for. You need to claim for the original routing. You will almost certainly not get credit for IAH-LHR and your LHR-DOH segment should also be annulled to be replaced by IAH-DOH in J.

RetiredATLATC Aug 29, 2019 8:59 am

Originally Posted by remdk (Post 31469947)
RetiredATLATC QR usually only credit for original ticketed route only. That is what you paid for. You need to claim for the original routing. You will almost certainly not get credit for IAH-LHR and your LHR-DOH segment should also be annulled to be replaced by IAH-DOH in J.

I get that, but won't BA credit me for IAH-LHR F?

gbeb Aug 29, 2019 10:30 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC (Post 31469976)
I get that, but won't BA credit me for IAH-LHR F?

If it was an AUP, then they would only credit for J.

What's been said before is right, you should either
1. Claim Original Routing Credit (see BAEC forum for a good advice thread), to be credited for your original segments only
2. Leave it how it is

Of course, you could ask BA to credit the flight IAH-LHR, but if they look at the ticket details, they may well decide to just credit the segments booked/palm you off to QR/just say no.

Often1 Aug 29, 2019 10:34 am

This has nothing to do with QR. As a Mod to move it to BA and you may get some helpful specifics.

remdk Aug 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Often1 this is a QR matter and BA has nothing to do with it.
OP has purchased a ticket IAH-DOH-MLE. That is what he has reservations for. Due to flight cancelations IAH-DOH QR purchased a, probably deeply discounted, BA ticket as part of rerouting to regain the original journey. Note QR 'own' that segment not OP!
OP has tried to claim with BA Quote " I've tried the normal, "missing Avios" route but it won't accept the ticket number as, again, it's QR stock, " with no luck because he is trying to claim points on a ticket 'owned' by someone else.
He has a contract with QR for transport IAH-MLE and he will receive points according to that contract. Be those points Qpoints, Avios or even raindrops it is QR who award them.

Lefly Aug 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by gbeb (Post 31470275)
If it was an AUP, then they would only credit for J.

What's been said before is right, you should either
1. Claim Original Routing Credit (see BAEC forum for a good advice thread), to be credited for your original segments only
2. Leave it how it is

Of course, you could ask BA to credit the flight IAH-LHR, but if they look at the ticket details, they may well decide to just credit the segments booked/palm you off to QR/just say no.

Not on BA/BAEC, as far as I know. AUPs gives TPs and Avios of the upgraded class, not the "old" one.

ubiest Aug 30, 2019 12:02 am

Contact BAMissingAvios on this board via PM, they are very helpful.

Dr. HFH Aug 30, 2019 2:39 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC (Post 31469466)
Being who I am, and knowing what I know, left and went to the airport and with a little prodding, got onto BA 194 to LHR J, upgraded to F, and then reconnected ....

All that to say, my Executive account has posted the LHR-DOH and DOH-MLE J flights and am wondering how long I need to wait for the IAH-LHR F to post. The thing that concerns me is this was a QR ticket, that they switched to a BA segment IAH-LHR. I've tried the normal, "missing Avios" route but it won't accept the ticket number as, again, it's QR stock, but an F BA segment. Should I just wait or should this have posted by now (as the other 2 segments did)?

Although you didn't say specifically, I gather from context that you put your BAEC number into the record for the IAH-LHR flight, yes? Does it show on your boarding pass?

Originally Posted by remdk (Post 31470680)
Often1 this is a QR matter and BA has nothing to do with it.

No. There are two carriers involved in the mileage posting part of a flight transaction. The operating carrier, and the carrier to which the miles are being posted. The operating carrier reports the flight information to the FFP designated by the passenger. That FFP posts mileage to the passenger's account based on its formula for operating carrier, marketing carrier, cabin, fare basis, etc. The FFP then crunches that information and posts the mileage to the passenger's account.

RetiredATLATC, BA shouldn't have a problem with this. As the operating carrier, BA is the only airline that can report the mileage earning, that is, BA is the only carrier that can report that you were on the flight. If your BAEC number is on the boarding pass, an emailed photo of the BP should take care of the problem. While something may have been screwed up in the transfer of the flight "coupon" from QR to BA, the bottom line is that you flew a BA flight on BA metal with a BAEC number in your record. The only catch I can see there is if BAEC considers it a QR marketed flight, which might affect your BAEC earnings. But the flight should still post in your BAEC account.

Let us know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 31470295)
This has nothing to do with QR. As a Mod to move it to BA and you may get some helpful specifics.

Exactly.

RetiredATLATC Sep 4, 2019 12:59 am

Thanks, I will update when I get an answer. BA's Twitter presence is absolutely useless. I messaged them a week ago, 4 days later was asked for more information concerning who was messaging them, and then radio silence.

Schwann Sep 4, 2019 3:55 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC (Post 31488427)
Thanks, I will update when I get an answer. BA's Twitter presence is absolutely useless. I messaged them a week ago, 4 days later was asked for more information concerning who was messaging them, and then radio silence.

They have a massive backlog due to the strike issues.

Message "BA Missing Avios" on Flyertalk instead.

RetiredATLATC Sep 4, 2019 11:57 am

Received an email when I got home today with a credit of 13330 Avios for the IAH-LHR, however they still didn't credit my wife's account for the same.

Dr. HFH Sep 4, 2019 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC (Post 31490157)
Received an email when I got home today with a credit of 13330 Avios for the IAH-LHR, however they still didn't credit my wife's account for the same.

Nice and appropriate result. I would be surprised if your wife's credit wasn't far behind. Just out of curiosity, was she in the same PNR?