Search

Qatar from UK to US (via DOH)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Qatar from UK to US (via DOH)

Hi,

I'm trying to book a flight from London to JFK, via DOH, to see if there are any interesting prices (this is for a Tier Point run for BAEC). But the QR website isn't giving me any options, and neither are GF or ITA. Is there a specific non-compete clause for QR against the TATL JBA of oneworld?

Separate flights are prohibitive so that's not an option, even if they joined them up.

Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Most likely they just don't file fares for illogical routings

A non-compete clause is very unlikely as would get them and the JV in trouble with competition authorities
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
There are some EU-DOH-USA routings that can be booked, occasionally at attractive prices. ATH-DOH-JFK is one that QR will sell.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
You will find routes to the Americas via DOH filed from Eastern Europe departure points, but not as far east as London. If there is no fare only filed, the way to do this would be to join two returns together, ie. Lon-Doh, and doh-jfk, but it won't be cost effective.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Might be more successful looking at something like EU-DOH-India India-DOH-USA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.