Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Missing a connecting flight with, partner airline

Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Hi flyertalkers,
Need some advice for an upcoming trip
I'm scheduled for a bus trip next week that looks like this: DOH-LHR-ABZ. I've got a few days after my course finishes in ABZ and I'm booking a personal trip to Denmark for a few days. Looking at my options for the personal days, I ideally want to fly straight from CPH-LHR to save a few $ and get my flight times more reasonable.
So ultimately, the question is - If I miss my return ABZ-LHR will Qatar cancel my onward LHR-DOH? I'm booked on a single booking ref / itinerary through my office but the flight from LHR-ABZ is operated by BA, not QR... does that make a difference? I know they are partnering airlines.
Thought I'd ask here before causing a fuss at work with the travel department...

Thanks for the help
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If you do not board your ABZ flight to LHR, the rest of the ticket will auto-cancel, meaning you’ll have to find your own way back to Doha.
orbitmic, msm2000uk and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
If you do not board your ABZ flight to LHR, the rest of the ticket will auto-cancel, meaning youll have to find your own way back to Doha.
Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:55 am

Try booking an open jaw without the ABZ-LHR leg. It may work out cheaper!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tulene
I'm booked on a single booking ref / itinerary through my office
Originally Posted by ft101
Try booking an open jaw without the ABZ-LHR leg. It may work out cheaper!
Suspect it may be too late for that.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Yep
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Tulene
Yep
Price up a change to the existing ticket. A reduced fare might largely offset any change fee and work out best overall. Do dummy bookings on line to give an idea if dropping the ABZ-LHR leg does actually reduce the fare.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Price up a change to the existing ticket. A reduced fare might largely offset any change fee and work out best overall. Do dummy bookings on line to give an idea if dropping the ABZ-LHR leg does actually reduce the fare.
Thanks for the idea, but it's booked through my office and the price is not the concern. It was more about saving time. It's all sorted now. I've found an early flight out of EBJ that will get me to ABZ in time for my flight.
Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:29 am
Suspended

Note that the same principle applies in this case as well. If you do not board your flight from ABZ on time, the rest of your ticket to DOH will auto-cancel. Make sure you leave at least three hours (ideally overnight) to build a for buffer for delays and cancellations.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster

On a side note, transferring through LHR was awful, almost 2hrs on buses to change terminals.
I'm heading back down to LHR today and back to DOH. Dreading the 2hr bus rides to change terminals again, especially since my lay over is only 2hrs this time!
You would think there would be a more efficient way seeing how I'm travelling in J and they are partner airlines - anyone have any experience of some kind of fast track? Was hoping for some time in the lounge in heathrow!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:35 am
Suspended

Have you read the sticky in the main BA page on terminal transfers? It should not take 2 hours.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:39 am
Original Poster

No, but I'll have a look now. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.