Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Have I just made an awful mistake?? [Booking QR Y]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have I just made an awful mistake?? [Booking QR Y]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40
As per the title, am I going to regret this decision in just over a weeks time? I have just booked a Y trip to the Maldives on QR. I have not flown them for many years (4/5 years) and even then one leg was in J. Am I going to regret this for 13 hours of Y.
YES!

1. You should have booked QR J not Y

2. You should have booked your holiday on seychell not maledives.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
That is a very good point and one I had not thought about. My only counter-argument is that they offer three lounges - Business (Club) and First Class Lounge and CCR. So OWE are getting access to a First Class Lounge. Where QR send you to a non-first class lounge at DOH even though they have a first class lounge?
OWE at DOH do have access to a First Class lounge - so much so that they even named it The First Class Lounge.

OWE in Y can also enter the Business Class Lounge, so same setup as BA offer at LHR.

The Al Safwa and Al Mourjan are for premium class passengers opposed to OneWorld passengers, in the same way that the CCR is for First and CCR cardholders only (,QR VVIPs can enter the Al Safwa).

M
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
OWE at DOH do have access to a First Class lounge - so much so that they even named it The First Class Lounge.

OWE in Y can also enter the Business Class Lounge, so same setup as BA offer at LHR.

The Al Safwa and Al Mourjan are for premium class passengers opposed to OneWorld passengers, in the same way that the CCR is for First and CCR cardholders only (,QR VVIPs can enter the Al Safwa).

M
Can't OWE use Al Mourjan though?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Can't OWE use Al Mourjan though?
no
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
This was exactly why I posted in the BA forum, but maybe wasn't clear enough.... my bad.
but unless you expect BAEC gold to have different treatment from other OWE (from AA, CX, etc) it still seems to make a lot more sense here...
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
Well, it might be called The First Class Lounge, but it certainly isn't a first class lounge (as I'm sure you're well aware).

And it doesn't compare at all favourably with any BA lounge in T3 or T5, IMO.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Grace B
Well, it might be called The First Class Lounge, but it certainly isn't a first class lounge (as I'm sure you're well aware).

And it doesn't compare at all favourably with any BA lounge in T3 or T5, IMO.
What constitutes a First Class lounge, is open to personal interpretation, but the general point here was the comparison to BA and what it offers for BAEC passengers.

M
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.