Credits 40.. now expired.

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, JAL
Credits 40.. now expired.

Dear All,

I guess I have a query.
I have booked a flight out of Sri Lanka and upgraded it to business using my 40 credits (many months ago). Since then I've lost status..

Due to recent bombings that have targeted the tourist areas of Sri Lanka, my country advises against all travel to the region.

I have to say I'm thinking that heading there might not be there best idea either! Although of course the chances of being caught up in these terrorist acts is minescule.

In order to prepare myself for the inevitable conversation with kind qatar customer services, I wanted to get my mind over the best approach. I am not a cash rich fellow, so I wanted to make the most out of my 40 credits (though admittedly they have now been used and/or expired).

So my query was numerous and ponderous.
The above points are moot if qr will not entertain a free cancellation/re-booking. The ticket price was relatively small so it isn't the end of the world if it's lost. Bizarrely I see more value in the 40 credits as I frequently like to travel the world in business.

Does anyone have any similar experience?
Is it possible to have them extend the 40 credit expiry?
is this huaca situation if agent 1 is unable to assist?
I will phone them later and don't want to do too much thinking on the phone.

Are there any good suggestions for the 40 credits. I see some nice anomalies in the search function such as SA or one way out of doh to US.

Cheers for your attention, Randolph c.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: qr
sorry to hear of your predicament . I know you can use your q credits in advance of them expiring for services after expiry - have done so. unfortunately IMHO I think that as QR flights are still operating to CMB I doubt you may get any sympathy or re-booking options, Have you called then as yet would be interested to know ?
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:53 pm

Qcredits are non-refundable once used, even if you cancel the underlying ticket. So together with the fact that they have expired, it's a non-starter.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
I had a ticket to CMB which I cancelled for a full refund which QR is offering for all tickets to CMB purchased before the incident.

In regards to the upgrade, unfortunately, you will lose that along with the 40 Qcredits so no luck on that front
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
Dear All,
I guess I have a query.
I have booked a flight out of Sri Lanka and upgraded it to business using my 40 credits (many months ago). Since then I've lost status..
Due to recent bombings that have targeted the tourist areas of Sri Lanka, my country advises against all travel to the region.
I have to say I'm thinking that heading there might not be there best idea either! Although of course the chances of being caught up in these terrorist acts is minescule.
In order to prepare myself for the inevitable conversation with kind qatar customer services, I wanted to get my mind over the best approach. I am not a cash rich fellow, so I wanted to make the most out of my 40 credits (though admittedly they have now been used and/or expired).
So my query was numerous and ponderous.
The above points are moot if qr will not entertain a free cancellation/re-booking. The ticket price was relatively small so it isn't the end of the world if it's lost. Bizarrely I see more value in the 40 credits as I frequently like to travel the world in business.
Does anyone have any similar experience?
Is it possible to have them extend the 40 credit expiry?
is this huaca situation if agent 1 is unable to assist?
I will phone them later and don't want to do too much thinking on the phone.
Are there any good suggestions for the 40 credits. I see some nice anomalies in the search function such as SA or one way out of DOH to US.
Cheers for your attention, Randolph c.
You've got some good replies here, so the next step is to decide if you do want to keep your original upgraded J itinerary or pay a change fee to delay or postpone (or cancel) the trip.
Are you just staying in the airport or are you actually visiting Sri Lanka as part of your trip?

Just keep in mind that unless you are flying in a Premium cabin, the alternative lounge (Serendiva) for status pax traveling in Y in CMB is quite dire, more so if you have an overnight layover.
The good news is that there is a (one) shower room just outside the lounge & a transit hotel as well.

https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/plan...-transit-hotel

39 Qcredits will get you one upgrade from JFK-DOH, that's the best use of your 40 Qcredits (which is a moot point since you've already used it + that it has expired)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.