Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Doha Airport Bag Drop 10 hours before flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum

I'll be flying Qatar Airlines out of Doha Next Friday in Qsuites. My flight doesn't depart until 1:00 AM... However, my friend has a flight that departs about 10 hours before mine. Would I be able to drop my bag off at check-in ~10 hours before my flight and enter the terminal? Or would I need to wait the usual 3 hours before the flight. My thought process was that since it's a hub they'll be able to accept my bag earlier for the flight. Couldn't find any information on Qatar's website. Thanks!
Old May 31, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
bumped
Old May 31, 2019, 5:41 am

In DOH no issue whatsoever.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meelosh
In DOH no issue whatsoever.
Ok that's what I was thinking. I was going to contact the Doha office to double check but its like 45 cents a minute... I just hope that when I get to the airport they just don't send me back ... Was looking to try the Al Safwa lounge for a bit too. See what all the hype is about.
It's weird though because I reached out to Qatar on Twitter and they told me that "Qatar recommends you arrive 3 hours before" which wasn't a response... just what was listed on their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.