Wiki Posts
Search

Transit/Turnaround Izmir, Turkey (ADB)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
Transit/Turnaround Izmir, Turkey (ADB)

Given the good QR fares out of ADB, has anyone done a turnaround or airside transfer here. i.e what is the process?

QR Flight arrives 11.40am and scheduled departure 12.50pm. Will have no checked baggage and try to get boarding pass for ADB-DOH beforehand. So presumably only security check?

Previous turnaround I did though SAW (Istanbul, Turkey) was difficult as I could not print my boarding pass beforehand and there was no QR Transit desk in SAW.

Thanks
Old May 27, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: QRPC
I‘m in ADB at the moment. But we will stay one night here and fly to Doha tomorrow. Immigration took less than 15 seconds so we waited about 25 minutes for the baggage. No idea about the turnaround experience though. Couldn’t you just get the boardingpass from the QR app and go from there?
Anyone knows which lounge QR is using in ADB? (if any?)
Old May 27, 2019, 8:29 am

Splendiz according to Worldwide lounges and Oneworld Lounges there are no lounges available at ADB
Splendiz likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
They use the Primeclass Lounge in ADB which is the only international lounge in Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport.

In addition there should be a transfer path without clearing immigration, however, that path would be only open when they expect XQ to XQ or PC to PC connecting passengers in the same ticket. No one would expect a QR to QR turnaround. Otherwise, passengers might need to have a visa or an e-visa ( depending on their nationality ).

Also OP, in SAW, you should have proceeded to the TGS Transfer Desk for Qatar Airways, there are no special transfer desks dedicated to airlines in SAW ( except for TK and PC ).
Splendiz likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: QRPC
Correct, we have been able to access the Primeclass lounge in ADB. We were flying economy, but I am QR Gold member.

Funny side note: Our plane from ADB to DOH was A7-ADB ☺️
Quite old A320 but the crew was extra nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.