QR MCT-DOH Check In Open Time

Old May 24, 19, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
QR MCT-DOH Check In Open Time

I had a few questions I was hoping this board could help me with...

In about 2 weeks I am flying on QR 1149 from MCT to DOH in Y, connecting onto BA122 in F later (all on one ticket, long story).
  • What time does bag drop open at MCT for a 4.35AM flight? Is it the usual 3hrs before or is there any possibility to drop bags the night before? I was hoping to check in bags the night before and stay at the terminal hotel to save time, but I assume this will not be possible?
  • What check in/fast track options are available to us? I am a OW Emerald/BA Gold and my wife is a OW Sapphire/BA Silver? Is there any fast track secruity? Is the fast track bag drop relatively efficient there?
  • When do people recommend turning up for this flight? Going landside to airside at this time in the morning is quite unusual for a European based flyer!
Thanks in advance!
Old May 24, 19, 10:25 am

The 3 hour check in limit was enforced when I checked in there a couple of weeks ago, and that was in QR F.

I've never departed MCT in Y on QR, but WY Gold departing in economy gets you fast track. Someone else may be able to answer whether oneworld status gets fast track too. Actually the landside check in, passport and security channels are completely separate for F/J passengers.

To be honest though, I can't imagine you'll experience any queues landside at the time of day. In my experience two hours before departure is way more than enough at any time of day.

Someone else may also be able to comment on lounge access in Y. There isn't a oneworld lounge but I gather you may be able to use the PrimeClass lounge that QR use for F. This has some some sleeper rooms. I think it might also be on priority pass and accepts payment on the door.

Last edited by Johnnieboy; May 24, 19 at 10:31 am
Old May 24, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, Sinbad Gold.
PrimeClass Lounge for OW Saphire

Yes, PrimeClass Lounge for OW Saphire, we used it as a QR Gold last month.
Not a bad lounge, worst part was queue to get in, took nearly 10mins.

One world Lounge Muscat
Old May 25, 19, 5:00 am

Programs: QR Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I was in this lounge last november. By this time the airport had opened 3 years ago, I asked for a beer and they told me that even 3 years after opening the airport they still had not yet received an alcohol license. Has the situation changed? I cannot really imagine...
Old May 25, 19, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by homer3152 View Post
I was in this lounge last november. By this time the airport had opened 3 years ago, I asked for a beer and they told me that even 3 years after opening the airport they still had not yet received an alcohol license. Has the situation changed? I cannot really imagine...
The current MCT airport terminal opened in the spring of 2018. Alcohol is served in the FF lounges, although not during Ramadan, and possibly on other religion "dry days". I went through several times last year and alcohol was being served each time
purple1addict likes this.
Old May 25, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by homer3152 View Post
I was drinking alcohol (gin and tonic) in the Primeclass lounge in August 2018.

Search this Thread