Search

Bag Drop at ARN

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Bag Drop at ARN

Hi all

Does anyone know about checking bags in on QR at ARN. I'm not flying until 22:40 but would quite like to go into Stockholm for a few hours but I don't want to be taking my checked baggage with me. Will QR let me check in for the 22:40 departure earlier in the day (ie when check in is open for the 9:05 departure) ?

Thanks in advance
Old May 22, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
I’m afraid not, see previous thread.

Arn early check in.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loungeabout
I’m afraid not, see previous thread.

Arn early check in.
Thanks all the same
Old May 22, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThrowingBoeing
Thanks all the same
There are luggage lockers at ARN though.... that should do the job.

https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/ser...-lockers/#gref
Old May 26, 2019, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
There are luggage lockers at ARN though.... that should do the job.

https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/ser...-lockers/#gref
Brilliant thanks again.

I do however notice that the Lounge QR uses closes before my flight departure time. Is this a firm closure with people "kicked out" of the lounge or is this more a last entry time.

Also having never been to DOH before I'd like to know is a 1hr35 minute connection long enough to use the lounge for a shower and a quick bite to eat or is it all too dependant on arrival and departure gates? Further to this how long a connection is needed to make paying for Al Safwa access worthwhile?

Sorry for all the questions any help is much appreciated
Old May 26, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Brilliant thanks again.

I do however notice that the Lounge QR uses closes before my flight departure time. Is this a firm closure with people "kicked out" of the lounge or is this more a last entry time.

Also having never been to DOH before I'd like to know is a 1hr35 minute connection long enough to use the lounge for a shower and a quick bite to eat or is it all too dependant on arrival and departure gates? Further to this how long a connection is needed to make paying for Al Safwa access worthwhile?

Sorry for all the questions any help is much appreciated
The ARN lounge is awful, you'll be begging to be kicked out!

Last weekend I arrived at DOH with a 1hr30 (or just below) connection, make a beeline straight for the shower rooms in the sleeping area (near the sandwich toasting bar). You might have a bit of a wait but at least you'll be in the queue.
clubeurope and ThrowingBoeing like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Be wary of your arrivals and departure gates at DOH for a 1h30m transfer though... I had one of those the other day, and the flight arrived late into DOH (from OSL) and I literally had 1 hour to transfer... then it occurred to me that we were parked in a remote stand, leaving just 35 mins to transfer (there was a wait for the buses). I scram to security (which was very crowded at the time - use the business class lane!!) and anxiously looked for my gate to Singapore which turned out to be in the D gates, meaning I had to take the train... needless to say, I arrived at the gate just as boarding was about to finish.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Be wary of your arrivals and departure gates at DOH for a 1h30m transfer though... I had one of those the other day, and the flight arrived late into DOH (from OSL) and I literally had 1 hour to transfer... then it occurred to me that we were parked in a remote stand, leaving just 35 mins to transfer (there was a wait for the buses). I scram to security (which was very crowded at the time - use the business class lane!!) and anxiously looked for my gate to Singapore which turned out to be in the D gates, meaning I had to take the train... needless to say, I arrived at the gate just as boarding was about to finish.
Do you have to take the train or is there an option to walk similar to level -4 at LHR terminal 5 where you can often beat waiting for the train if flying from 5B?
Old May 26, 2019, 11:58 am
Suspended

Do you have to take the train or is there an option to walk similar to level -4 at LHR terminal 5 where you can often beat waiting for the train if flying from 5B?
There is the option to walk (just don't go upstairs where the train departs) and it can be faster to walk, even for D&E gates
ThrowingBoeing likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.