Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with guest.

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Lounge access with guest.

I tried to find the information i'm looking for but unfortunately i was not really successful.

I'm a gold card (Sapphire) holder on Qatar.
I will be travelling with my wife via Doha airport ion economy on Qatar in a few weeks.
I understand that i (and my wife) have access to the lounge but i also believe that this is not the normal business class lounge.
I have a small question.
Which lounge can i and my wife use as i'm a gold member but fly economy.
Do i need a lounge guest pass for my wife ? and if so how can i get one of those?
Thanks for the information.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
You'll be able to access the business class (NOT to be confused with the Al Mourjan) lounge. You won't need any invitation, just present both boarding passes to the lounge agent and you'll be able to guest her in.
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:51 am

What Schwann said is correct. As OWS you can bring one guest for free. The lounge passes are needed if you have more than one guest.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: QR Gold/OW Sapphire
What about if you aren't traveling together? My SO will be flying in a few weeks behind me and going through Doha solo. Is there a way I can guest her in without being physically present?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by indomie
What about if you aren't traveling together? My SO will be flying in a few weeks behind me and going through Doha solo. Is there a way I can guest her in without being physically present?
No, you would need to be present. You could however purchase access for her to one of the lounges.
indomie likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by indomie
What about if you aren't traveling together?
Then you have no guesting entitlement
orbitmic and indomie like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: QRPC
Yes, Schwann is correct. You will get access to the Business Class lounge which is about 100 times smaller than the Al Mourjan Lounge which is only for passengers who are travelling in business class at this date. The Business Class lounge also has showers and the it doesn't have a waiting list for the showers like the Al Mourjan lounge has, so that's a plus. But the lounge is really small and has very limited food compared to the Al Mourjan Lounge. The 4 lounge passes that you have in your account are just if you are bringing more than one guest with you (don't have to fly on the same plane but you have to be present when they enter the lounge). Also, with the lounge passes (the ones that you get for free if you're gold), your guests can join the same lounge that you get access to at the time.

We recently did a city tour and there was just one other guy on the tour with us who was travelling economy, so I invited him to the lounge using one of my lounge passes since I have no use of them anyway. The lounge pass has not been taken from my account anyway as of today. lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.