Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled flight. Delay of 15 Hours. What to do.

Cancelled flight. Delay of 15 Hours. What to do.

Old May 2, 19, 4:29 am
  #16  
Moderator: Qatar Airways
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LHR/NCE/DOH
Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Posts: 7,917
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Well that's probably as good an outcome as you could have expected, bad luck the bags didn't make it, but great response from the QR social media team - assuming that a gate agent and buggy wasn't already organised.

If you didn't have the knowledge or capability to tweet QR but had received a similar notification onnboard, I assume that the senior cabin crew should have the capability to reach out to Doha and request assistance to try to get a passenger to make a tight connection whilst in flight...
While cabin crew themselves can send messages, anything urgent will usually require a message being sent from the Captain down to QR ground support.

Thankfully, it's an area QR excel at, and its saved me a few times!

M
msm2000uk is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 7:07 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
That is outdated and incorrect.
Can you assist in providing info on who will accept my claim for non-EU to EU with non-EU airline? I've tried multiple companies, even our consumer rep. body, but they all reject.

Last edited by Mcflyneo; May 2, 19 at 7:19 am
Mcflyneo is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 8:10 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: IHG Plat, Accor gold, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold, A3 *Gold
Posts: 1,890
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo View Post
Can you assist in providing info on who will accept my claim for non-EU to EU with non-EU airline? I've tried multiple companies, even our consumer rep. body, but they all reject.
Nobody will accept non-Eu to EU on non-EU airline. But OP is flying EU to non-EU on non-EU, which is different.
(Of course OP arrived on time in the end, so her/his claim fails on that ground alone)
DiamondMile likes this.
tom tulpe is online now  
Old May 2, 19, 8:24 am
  #19  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 48,761
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo View Post
Can you assist in providing info on who will accept my claim for non-EU to EU with non-EU airline? I've tried multiple companies, even our consumer rep. body, but they all reject.
EC 261/2004 only applies to non-EU carriers departing the EU. It does not apply to such carriers flying into the EU.

That has nothing to do with this thread which is about a non-EU carrier departing the EU and connecting outside the EU. EC 261/2004 does apply because recent decisions suggest that one looks at the ticketed journey, e.g. UK-Kenya even though OP was ticketed with a connection at DOH.

Forget your claim.
Often1 is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 8:30 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by tom tulpe View Post
Nobody will accept non-Eu to EU on non-EU airline. But OP is flying EU to non-EU on non-EU, which is different.
(Of course OP arrived on time in the end, so her/his claim fails on that ground alone)
Ok thanks.
Mcflyneo is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 8:39 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
EC 261/2004 only applies to non-EU carriers departing the EU. It does not apply to such carriers flying into the EU.

That has nothing to do with this thread which is about a non-EU carrier departing the EU and connecting outside the EU. EC 261/2004 does apply because recent decisions suggest that one looks at the ticketed journey, e.g. UK-Kenya even though OP was ticketed with a connection at DOH.

Forget your claim.
thanks for the help
You mean "forget claiming according to EC261/2004 but pursue at will in case of non-compliance of air transportation contract"
Mcflyneo is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 9:09 am
  #22  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 48,761
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo View Post
thanks for the help
You mean "forget claiming according to EC261/2004 but pursue at will in case of non-compliance of air transportation contract"
Nobody here can answer the latter question or what it might mean as you have not supplied any details, including where the flight originated or what happened which makes you believe that there was "non-compliance" or what that might mean.
DiamondMile likes this.
Often1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: