Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled flight. Delay of 15 Hours. What to do.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled flight. Delay of 15 Hours. What to do.

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 3:29 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by plunet
Well that's probably as good an outcome as you could have expected, bad luck the bags didn't make it, but great response from the QR social media team - assuming that a gate agent and buggy wasn't already organised.

If you didn't have the knowledge or capability to tweet QR but had received a similar notification onnboard, I assume that the senior cabin crew should have the capability to reach out to Doha and request assistance to try to get a passenger to make a tight connection whilst in flight...
While cabin crew themselves can send messages, anything urgent will usually require a message being sent from the Captain down to QR ground support.

Thankfully, it's an area QR excel at, and its saved me a few times!

M
Old May 2, 2019, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Often1
That is outdated and incorrect.
Can you assist in providing info on who will accept my claim for non-EU to EU with non-EU airline? I've tried multiple companies, even our consumer rep. body, but they all reject.

Last edited by Mcflyneo; May 2, 2019 at 6:19 am
Old May 2, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
Can you assist in providing info on who will accept my claim for non-EU to EU with non-EU airline? I've tried multiple companies, even our consumer rep. body, but they all reject.
Nobody will accept non-Eu to EU on non-EU airline. But OP is flying EU to non-EU on non-EU, which is different.
(Of course OP arrived on time in the end, so her/his claim fails on that ground alone)
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
EC 261/2004 only applies to non-EU carriers departing the EU. It does not apply to such carriers flying into the EU.

That has nothing to do with this thread which is about a non-EU carrier departing the EU and connecting outside the EU. EC 261/2004 does apply because recent decisions suggest that one looks at the ticketed journey, e.g. UK-Kenya even though OP was ticketed with a connection at DOH.

Forget your claim.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
Nobody will accept non-Eu to EU on non-EU airline. But OP is flying EU to non-EU on non-EU, which is different.
(Of course OP arrived on time in the end, so her/his claim fails on that ground alone)
Ok thanks.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Often1
EC 261/2004 only applies to non-EU carriers departing the EU. It does not apply to such carriers flying into the EU.

That has nothing to do with this thread which is about a non-EU carrier departing the EU and connecting outside the EU. EC 261/2004 does apply because recent decisions suggest that one looks at the ticketed journey, e.g. UK-Kenya even though OP was ticketed with a connection at DOH.

Forget your claim.
thanks for the help
You mean "forget claiming according to EC261/2004 but pursue at will in case of non-compliance of air transportation contract"
Old May 2, 2019, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
thanks for the help
You mean "forget claiming according to EC261/2004 but pursue at will in case of non-compliance of air transportation contract"
Nobody here can answer the latter question or what it might mean as you have not supplied any details, including where the flight originated or what happened which makes you believe that there was "non-compliance" or what that might mean.
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.