Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

No Showers in Al Sawfa Except in Nap Rooms?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM

If I am reading reviews correctly, the First Class lounge only has complimentary showers if you are able to obtain a nap room, and no other showers? The Business Class lounge has a shower area if I am correct?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:00 pm

Al Safwa has other showers according to this post from just over a week ago.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...l#post31016761
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: BA:GOLD
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
If I am reading reviews correctly, the First Class lounge only has complimentary showers if you are able to obtain a nap room, and no other showers? The Business Class lounge has a shower area if I am correct?
I remember taking a shower (very disappointing for a first lounge) without going into the nap room. It was at the same place where you register for the nap room.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
As stated in other thread, male & female showers are available near the family rooms.

IIRC they are in the opposite direction to the spa & rest rooms.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by impeymac
As stated in other thread, male & female showers are available near the family rooms.

IIRC they are in the opposite direction to the spa & rest rooms.
That's right, I used one of them a week or so ago. The one I used was in the Gents bathroom, and as far as I could tell it was the only one in there. Historically I'd only used the nap rooms for a shower, I didn't even know these existed until I was shown the way.

I recommend you get someone to show you the way because it's a bit of a maze in there. Leave a paper trail too, because if you're like me you'll find yourself walking round in circles trying to get out again.

Be aware that while it's very clean, there's nowhere to sit other than a low luggage bench and there's no WC within the shower room. Because the ventilation's rather weak, the humidity's very high after your shower so drying off takes a while. There's no WiFi signal in there while you twiddle your thumbs self-desiccating. I did get a reasonable 3G signal in there though if you have roaming capabilities.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by Howard Long
. Because the ventilation's rather weak, the humidity's very high after your shower so drying off takes a while.....
.. and another towel.
.. its not only weak ventilation, its the absence of any effective positive exhaust ventilation and air conditioning throughout the QATAR lounges' shower stalls .. a persistent, perennial disgrace..for paid QATAR premium pax and status holders for the other lounge shower stalls in DOH, as well..

Last edited by AVIATORPJ; Apr 30, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Glad it’s not just me. If there was somewhere to sit, a WC seat would be fine, it wouldn’t be quite so bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.