Wiki Posts
Search

Mispelled name on E-ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Mispelled name on E-ticket

hello everyone,

My friend recently booked me a 1 way buddy ticket from london to qatar. I noticed that my family name is spelled wrong (spelled alraes instead of alrayes) otherwise all my other details including my passport number (my full name is written as well) is correct on the QR application. I called my friend but unfortunately he is on leave and out of the country so there is nothing he can do until he gets back. I called QR contact center and they said they cant do any changes since its a staff buddy ticket.

my question is, will it be fine and will i be allowed on the aircraft or am i going to face any problems in heathrow’s airport? I’ve never faced this issue before and im feeling quite nervous.

would appreciate some advice.

Thanks,
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
99+% of the time you won't have a problem.

Provided that the name of the ticket resembles the name of the passenger there is usually no issue. Because the airline IT systems are built upon technology from years ago they are very inflexible with regard to name field and as such airlines understand this and minor typos, names being reversed, punctuation missing, transliteration of non-western names causing names to be spelt differently are generally non-issues. You can Google something like 'plane ticket name misspelt' and get lots of independent confirmation.

Unless there is something very special about a staff buddy ticket I really think you have nothing to worry about.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Last year I travelled with a friend, who'd booked his ticket from OSL-DOH-DPS as Frank, rather than Francis (as per his passport) by accident. At check in, he was not allowed to check in, and had to go the Qatar service desk in Oslo airport, where the agent had to call Qatar to arrange a name change, which only cost around 15GBP, but took a long time to do (90 minutes mostly waiting in the queue). so I would arrive in plenty of time for check in, just in case.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
If there is only a single letter mistake....99% of no problem at check-in desk
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
99.9%
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jalrayes
hello everyone,

My friend recently booked me a 1 way buddy ticket from london to qatar. I noticed that my family name is spelled wrong (spelled alraes instead of alrayes) otherwise all my other details including my passport number (my full name is written as well) is correct on the QR application. I called my friend but unfortunately he is on leave and out of the country so there is nothing he can do until he gets back. I called QR contact center and they said they cant do any changes since its a staff buddy ticket.

my question is, will it be fine and will i be allowed on the aircraft or am i going to face any problems in heathrow’s airport? I’ve never faced this issue before and im feeling quite nervous.

would appreciate some advice.

Thanks,
when are you flying? just get it changed as soon as he comes back. its not worth the stress if they deny boarding.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:51 am

I had a similar problem and was able to corrected via QR's social media on Facebook without any problems and free of charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.