Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qsuite On LAX Route?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Qsuite On LAX Route?

On Qatar Airways's website DOH-LAX and LAX-DOH flights 739 and 740 are advertised as equipped with Qsuite. But when you actually search for flights on these routes for any day of the week the old 77L J seats are shown. Does anybody know if Qsuite is actually available on Qatar's 77L operating LAX route?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:14 pm

I have it booked in June and August and both flights show a Qsuites seat map.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Higherandhigher
On Qatar Airways's website DOH-LAX and LAX-DOH flights 739 and 740 are advertised as equipped with Qsuite. But when you actually search for flights on these routes for any day of the week the old 77L J seats are shown. Does anybody know if Qsuite is actually available on Qatar's 77L operating LAX route?
There are only two 77Ls which have not been retrofitted with QSuites and they are exclusively operating on DOH-AKL (which requires two aircraft to cover the daily service). So save for an unscheduled aircraft change all LAX flights should be operating QSuites. All 77Ls are due to be retrofitted by 1 June this year anyway.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Why Can't I see them then? Even for the flights after June it still shows the old J seats.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I read somewhere recently that 77Ws would be on LAX for a while (but not permanently) in the coming months.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Higherandhigher
Why Can't I see them then? Even for the flights after June it still shows the old J seats.
Can you post a screenshot? I just checked a bunch of dates over the course of the next three weeks and with the exception of the 28th which is being flown by an old-style 77W (much to my chagrin since I'll be on it) every single flight is scheduled for a Qsuites 77L. All of the seat maps look correct.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:20 am

Today, A7-BAO (non qsuite 777W) is flying DOH-LAX. Wonder why the last min substitution?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
Is it normal for QR to block all middle seats? I'm ticketed nearly 11 months out LAX-DOH and can't get E/F or D/G middle seats. EF is showing all of them all with an X. I assume you have to call QR to select these? AA could not.

Last edited by jaytmoore; Jun 14, 2019 at 4:47 pm
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC
They are blocked for passengers travelling together or in groups. If you can't select them online you can either call or if you are into Twitter you can ask QRSupport.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by jaytmoore
Is it normal for QR to block all middle seats? I'm ticketed nearly 11 months out LAX-DOH and can't get E/F or D/G middle seats. EF is showing all of them all with an X. I assume you have to call QR to select these? AA could not.
Call QR and they can assign them quickly over the phone. But you have to be traveling in a group of 2-4 people to request middle seats. Just got off the LAX-DOH flight on Sunday. We had the quad and it was truly spectacular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.