Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar first class in FRA airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: latam amigo smiles
Qatar first class in FRA airport

Qatar start using A380 in FRA-DOH route this month. I would like to know which lounge they are offering for F class passengers in Frankfurt. Any ideia?

Regards

Henrique Castro
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by henriquerv7
Qatar start using A380 in FRA-DOH route this month. I would like to know which lounge they are offering for F class passengers in Frankfurt. Any ideia?

Regards

Henrique Castro
I would guess "Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge", but there are some more one world lounges at the airport in Frankfurt. But in my opinion, there is no dedicated First Class Lounge, you will be together with the Business guests ;-)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is a solid lounge. Good food, good beverages, good seating, nice views. Save your thirst for the Krug on the plane ;-)
DiamondMile and Lizie like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:03 am

They use the LH Senator lounge near C15.

It is not a very good lounge. The food selection was basic and not really as good as what was on offer at the business lounge by the gate which had nice sandwich selection. However, the beetroot curry was fine if taken as a small snack to not spoil the appetite. No champagne or other premium wines. A huge queue for showers that meant that even after two hours I had not progressed to the top so could not have one. No plum cake.

Thought about walking to T2 to use a OW lounge but it’s a very long walk and you need to go through security again.
Traveller999 and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:14 am

Apparently, QR switched to the C-Gates (previously B-Gates), presumably because the A380 gates at the B-Gates are already occupied.
First class passengers may use the C-Gates Senator lounge and business class passengers may use the LH Business lounge. Both a step down from the Maple Leaf Lounge in my opinion, but close to the gate.
The oneworld page still lists the Maple Leaf as another option, but this will be a 1.2 km walk.

What I find unacceptable is that status passengers traveling in Y "will be directed to oneworld lounges". The only oneworld lounges are in T2. I can't imagine that this works well. Is there actually a way to walk from T2D 3rd floor where the JL Sakura Lounge is to C13-C-16 on the 2nd floor? Or would you have to make the track via the Skytrain?
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by creflo; Apr 8, 2019 at 3:37 am
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by creflo
Apparently, QR switched to the C-Gates (previously B-Gates), presumably because the A380 gates at the B-Gates are already occupied.
First class passengers may use the C-Gates Senator lounge and business class passengers may use the LH Business lounge. Both a step down from the Maple Leaf Lounge in my opinion, but close to the gate.
The oneworld page still lists the Maple Leaf as another option, but this will be a 1.2 km walk.

What I find unacceptable is that status passengers traveling in Y "will be directed to oneworld lounges". The only oneworld lounges are in T2. I can't imagine that this works well. Is there actually a way to walk from T2D 3rd floor where the JL Sakura Lounge is to C13-C-16 on the 2nd floor? Or would you have to make the track via the Skytrain?
The JL lounge is before security and in another terminal. You could go through security in T2, take an airside bus to T1. As I remember, it runs every 10 to 20 minutes and the journey is around 5 minutes. The skytrain would be an option, but leaves you with a long walk from the arrival station to the gate.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It's really shame, if it's true that, QR doesn't contract the Lufthansa Lounge's for Sapphire and Emerald Tiers traveling in Economy Class. This also means that no lounge access for Privilege Club Silver. As I noticed, they have also moved their other 777 service to Terminal 1C as well. For the 77W flight, I am not sure if they use gates C1-C10 or the Lufthansa gates C13-C16. But, it's definitely the A380 flight passengers, despite their travel class are not subject for a second security screening as there is no open gate cleared areas for Terminal 1C and Terminal 2. Yes, the JAL Lounge could be a bit far but even though it's accessible. If they use the C1-C10 gates for the 77W service all passengers visiting the LH Lounges should have clear security a second time. This is similar to what Lufthansa does to TK and ME at Terminal 1B; when the parking position at T1B is full, they allocate T1C gates for non-LH codeshare partners ( including *A carriers ) even though they contract the Lufthansa Lounge so that means premium passengers on those airlines should clear security twice. Similar to this, QR passengers preferring to use the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge would also be subject to clear security twice. In my opinion, QR might contract the Luxx Lounge for their Economy Class status passengers.

Instead of this complicated situation, even though it's not common for an A380, I would prefer being bussed to an open stand from Terminal 1B,

Also rumors indicate that QR would move to the future Terminal 3 after its completed and open to service.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

Also rumors indicate that QR would move to the future Terminal 3 after its completed and open to service.
We are talking about Germany and airports, aren't we?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: LH HON
Any idea about lounge access for OWE traveling on QR ex FRA? Is one really being redirected into T2?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ckx2
Any idea about lounge access for OWE traveling on QR ex FRA? Is one really being redirected into T2?
You have the option to go to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in Terminal 1B, the Japan Airlines Lounge in Terminal 2 or the Cathay Pacific Lounge in Terminal 2. To visit one of the three lounge options, you must clear security twice as there is no airside connection from T1B to T1C nor T2 to T1C.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: LH HON
Thanks. Ridiculous.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:51 am

You have the option to go to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in Terminal 1B, the Japan Airlines Lounge in Terminal 2 or the Cathay Pacific Lounge in Terminal 2. To visit one of the three lounge options, you must clear security twice as there is no airside connection from T1B to T1C nor T2 to T1C.
No need to clear security in T2 for the lounges as they are airside, but before (gate) security. You will have to clear immigration though, but that should not be a major problem.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by creflo
No need to clear security in T2 for the lounges as they are airside, but before (gate) security. You will have to clear immigration though, but that should not be a major problem.
Yes, I forgot that. There is no open-gate system at T2 and the security check is made at gates.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Traveled today on another airline from FRA T2 where my flight departed from C gates. If you are traveling on Qatar Airways and holding Sapphire and Emerald status, do not clear security and passport control at gates C13-C20 if you want to use the JAL Lounge or the Cathay Pacific Lounge. Instead, take the shuttle/AirTrain to Terminal 2 after checking-in and clear passport over there as you were going to travel from gates D and E as an N/S passenger. Then go to the lounge and after using the lounge follow signs for D13-D20, clear security over there and you would be at the same lobby with gates C14-C16 where Qatar Airways flights depart from without any other SkyTrain/Transfer bus.

This is the method that I luckily discovered.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Traveled today on another airline from FRA T2 where my flight departed from C gates. If you are traveling on Qatar Airways and holding Sapphire and Emerald status, do not clear security and passport control at gates C13-C20 if you want to use the JAL Lounge or the Cathay Pacific Lounge. Instead, take the shuttle/AirTrain to Terminal 2 after checking-in and clear passport over there as you were going to travel from gates D and E as an N/S passenger. Then go to the lounge and after using the lounge follow signs for D13-D20, clear security over there and you would be at the same lobby with gates C14-C16 where Qatar Airways flights depart from without any other SkyTrain/Transfer bus.

This is the method that I luckily discovered.
I'm not really sure why someone would want to go to the trouble. As I earlier noted, the Air Canada lounge is very nice and has a good selection of food and beverages. Unless the JAL and CX lounges are over the top amazing, is it really worth it to go through the extra security and walking distance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.