FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Qsuites for Solo Traveler (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1963048-qsuites-solo-traveler.html)

NWplatinum Mar 29, 2019 12:13 am

Qsuites for Solo Traveler

As a solo traveler, is it wise to assign yourself the middle seats that form the double bed so you can utilize that/try it out?

Or it’s just not worth the extra space and you should just choose a window in the odd numbered rows?

Estratos Mar 29, 2019 12:52 am

You can only select middle seats when travelling as a couple or more, they are blocked for single travellers.

dsf Mar 29, 2019 1:47 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 30941719)
As a solo traveler, is it wise to assign yourself the middle seats that form the double bed so you can utilize that/try it out?

Or it’s just not worth the extra space and you should just choose a window in the odd numbered rows?

For my upcoming Q Suite debut, I did neither! I'm in 10A (777-300er, rear facing, seat by the window) - curious why you think an even numbered window seat isn't even worth considering?

jah718 Mar 29, 2019 2:33 am

As a solo traveler, I would always just go for the window seat as the privacy is incredible. On 77W, the preference would be 3,5,10 A/K. I wouldn't run the risk of picking the middle seat and then having someone next to me, unless I could be absolutely sure.

wickedkhalsa Mar 29, 2019 7:09 am

My go to seat is 3A/K .. last couple flights to and from JFK, as i entered the plane , i have inquired about any E/F open seats w. the cabin/flight supervisor and claimed them for sleeping.

manucanuck Mar 29, 2019 11:40 am

1,3,5,8,10 A or K are the inner window seats/rear view ones. I have had 3A and 3Ks and loved them

NWplatinum Apr 6, 2019 10:43 am

My BLR-DOH flight got downgraded to the old product. I was forced to be in 7A from DOH-IAH

LRD Apr 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by manucanuck (Post 30943348)
1,3,5,8,10 A or K are the inner window seats/rear view ones.

Are any of these seats missing a window? (I'm thinking of configurations like the 773, which is missing a window toward the back of business class - row 11 on AA's '77W' comes to mind.)

ecanem22 Apr 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by LRD (Post 30986371)
Are any of these seats missing a window? (I'm thinking of configurations like the 773, which is missing a window toward the back of business class - row 11 on AA's '77W' comes to mind.)

On the 777 200LR 10 A/K is missing the window right next to the seat, so be aware.

manucanuck Apr 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by LRD (Post 30986371)

6A or K on 773. Just go for 1,3,5,8,10 A or K IMO.. I’ve had 3A and 3K for all my qsuite (darn lucky) neither close to galley nor lavatory.

NWplatinum Apr 10, 2019 11:18 pm

I’m trying to preorder meals but don’t see the option when I go to manage my booking online. Does it have to be over a computer?

Kölner Apr 11, 2019 9:11 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 30987822)
I’m trying to preorder meals but don’t see the option when I go to manage my booking online. Does it have to be over a computer?

No. You can do it also with the app, but only 14 days before your Business/First-Class Flight.

kaffir76 Apr 11, 2019 12:47 pm

SPML are available on all flights while it seems that "Pre-Select Dining" is only available ex-DOH, because it's not showing up on my ex-JFK flight as an option

Manage flight
Modify seat selection
Meal preference
Purchase excess baggage
Cancel flight/Refund ticket
Update passenger details
Special request

Available 14 days to 24 hours prior to departure

Anyway these are the choices available for this week :

Main course
Aubergine tortellini with goat cheese•
Parmesan, sauteed spinach and lemon cream sauce