Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Our telephone contact centres have reopened

Our telephone contact centres have reopened

Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by tav1989
Whatever the reasons around the reinstatement of the contact centres and support for quite a few functions it maybe good news for PC members ( or ones that remain) That said my personal experience pre removal was very positive on a number of queries I called up about All were resolved over the phone very efficiently.
My experience was the same. When I needed any type of help with a booking, I just called. Maybe it was my PLT status; but I was never refused, regardless of what I needed. Phone agent was happy to assist and deal with my request.

I did things like change info online, but anything relating to a specific rezzie I did by phone. And it went, as TG says, smooth as silk!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:09 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
A welcome move (albeit giving something back that they took away! ) but its just too little too late & I cannot wait to burn the final balance of Q Credits & miles (which is tough when they black out months & months of redemption availability).

Now.....QRPC if you really are listening....how about proper access to QR branded Lounges on miles/q credit upgrades@:-)
purple1addict and Alfredbali like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: QR GO, SQ KFEG
Just tried my luck via the call centre in Doha for an award upgrade. The agent was nice & polite but said that they could not make requests to open up upgrade space when there's no ready availability. So whilst they've reopened their call centres to attend to award upgrades, functionally they're the same as the online portal.
Gone are the days when they could put in a special request for you.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
Just tried my luck via the call centre in Doha for an award upgrade. The agent was nice & polite but said that they could not make requests to open up upgrade space when there's no ready availability. So whilst they've reopened their call centres to attend to award upgrades, functionally they're the same as the online portal.
Gone are the days when they could put in a special request for you.
I assume you were trying to do Y -> J? How many J seats were available in total? (Not on the seating chart, but on an availability display.)
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: QR GO, SQ KFEG
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I assume you were trying to do Y -> J? How many J seats were available in total? (Not on the seating chart, but on an availability display.)
J9 C9 D9 I6 R2 when I looked yesterday.

It's gone down to J9 C9 D8 I4 R0 since then. Guess they're hopeful that they could potentially sell out the cabin over the next 5+ weeks.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: qr
To bump this thread does anyone have contact centre number for the UK please. Just tried the one listed on website and surprise surprise its unobtainable - was the one I used to use for PC members thanks
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by jah718
At last some bit of good news and progress from QRPC, this is very welcome indeed.

There was nothing more frustrating than ringing up QRPC, waiting on hold for an age, to then be told that the only thing the phone operators were allowed to do was to tell people to use the website.
Correct. They just ask the people to do everything online. They also said they know nothing better than the members, and that the membership department is separated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.