Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Is This a Joke? Privilege Club nominated for Programme of the Year

Is This a Joke? Privilege Club nominated for Programme of the Year

Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thumbs down Is This a Joke? Privilege Club nominated for Programme of the Year

Hi Everyone,

I have just received the Monthly statement from Qatar Airways. Apart from the usual irrelevant offers, the Privilege Club team shamelessly ask for our support for an award where they have been nominated.

The email says:
"We have recently been nominated across six categories at the much anticipated Freddie Awards. This prestigious event honours the worlds’ best travel loyalty programmes based on your votes. Privilege Club, has been nominated for Programme of the Year, Best Elite Programme, Best Promotion, Best Redemption Ability, Best Customer Service and Best Loyalty Credit Card"

Do you think they were really nominated by passagers or have they just paid for taking part in this competition to artificially boost their egos?

PS: By the way the email is also talking about the "One bright alliance" which is kind of funny following the Akbar Al Baker threat to leave Oneworld
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: QR Plat
Are you sure you didn't post 10 days early?

-A
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
deletes

Last edited by Fromager; Mar 22, 2019 at 8:47 am Reason: deleted
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Are you sure you didn't post 10 days early?

-A
This is probably due to the date I joined the programme (23 rd of the month) several years ago when the Privilege Club programme was a pretty decent one.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Fromager
Hi Everyone,

I have just received the Monthly statement from Qatar Airways. Apart from the usual irrelevant offers, the Privilege Club team shamelessly ask for our support for an award where they have been nominated.

The email says:
"We have recently been nominated across six categories at the much anticipated Freddie Awards. This prestigious event honours the worlds’ best travel loyalty programmes based on your votes. Privilege Club, has been nominated for Programme of the Year, Best Elite Programme, Best Promotion, Best Redemption Ability, Best Customer Service and Best Loyalty Credit Card"

Do you think they were really nominated by passagers or have they just paid for taking part in this competition to artificially boost their egos?

PS: By the way the email is also talking about the "One bright alliance" which is kind of funny following the Akbar Al Baker threat to leave Oneworld
Well, that’s an accomplishment QRPC! You are at the same level as other nominated programs : Pegasus bola bola, Pims, Flybe and Vueling Club !
mpkz likes this.

Last edited by toastedcafe; Mar 22, 2019 at 4:57 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:36 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Anyone who thinks QRPC excels in anything (except frustrating & alienating status customers) is totally & utterly deluded @:-)
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: QF WP
Has anyone heard of the Freddie awards before? I haven’t but I suppose I don’t pay much attention to that kind of thing 🤷🏻.♀️
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Although I, too, have stopped crediting to QRPC, one thing I did like is that you can earn two years of QRPC PLT = OW EMD by flying enough in one year. I'm in this group until October, 2019.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Althou
I, too, have stopped crediting to QRPC, one thing I did like is that you can earn two years of QRPC PLT = OW EMD by flying enough in one year. I'm in this group until October, 2019.

How do you find the other side is it greener? I was going to after the last devaluation but then just thought since they just went through a devaluation they wouldn't do another where BAEC could have a devaluation at any point and also I spend a lot of time in Qatar so can accrue Qmiles quite easily though still don't know if I made the right move.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
How do you find the other side is it greener? I was going to after the last devaluation but then just thought since they just went through a devaluation they wouldn't do another where BAEC could have a devaluation at any point and also I spend a lot of time in Qatar so can accrue Qmiles quite easily though still don't know if I made the right move.
Yes. I did an analysis which you might find interesting. Link.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
But I'm guessing you don't travel solely to and from Muscat. You could find that BA's avios are easier to use on BA and other OneWorld services that QR currency.

The bright spot for BA avios redemption is on european single-hop flights.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I'm guessing you don't travel solely to and from Muscat. You could find that BA's avios are easier to use on BA and other OneWorld services that QR currency.

The ability to move avios between a BAEC acount and Iberia's FFP can be a terrific benefit.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

The ability to move avios between a BAEC acount and Iberia's FFP can be a terrific benefit.
Correct I don't just do Muscat to Doha though this is my primary routing (around 40 return flights a year this way) but I also do UK trips, the four legs I need to do on BA would be the major issue in tranfering to BA.

Also I assume I would need to start from the bottom on BA which is a pain!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yes. I did an analysis which you might find interesting. Link.

This is brilliant thank you and well explained!!!!
Dr. HFH likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also I assume I would need to start from the bottom on BA which is a pain!
You could use QR-based privileges travelling on BA and other oneworld airlines in the interim period, until you gained status within BAEC.
I'm guessing it would not take you long to gain that status!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.