Wiki Posts
Search

Qsuites and kids meals..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Qsuites and kids meals..

Hi all
We are booked on a return SOF to SIN and for the SIN legs have a quad of qsuites for two adults and two children.
We currently have 3E and F and 4 D and G on both legs.

My questions are is that the best quad for a family, is there any advantage/disadvantage or doesn't really matter as they are all the same?

Also the kids are 7 and 9 so was thinking of booking a kids meal. Does anyone have any recent experience of kids in J and meals? Would the normal menu be a bit too much?

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:21 am

Did you see this thread? Gives a good idea what could be on offer in J on board. Might help deciding whether or not it is something for your kids

J Menus
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Yes thanks. It was more if anyone had ordered a kids meal lately as most threads I've found are quite old.

Think we will order the kids one as least get a chance of them eating something vaguely healthy.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:13 am

OP: I'll be very interested to hear what you find. We are a family of four, kids aged 7 and 10, flying SOF-SIN, with quad QSuites booked on the DOH-SIN legs.

I almost had to check to make sure that I wasn't reading my own post.

Funny coincidence.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Flown last November J CGK-MXP rt with 4 yo daughter and ordered child menu all legs but one, normally they give the (fancy hard plastic case) child lunch box that includes snacks, juice, yogurt, chocolate etc, in addition as a main they offers a couple of specific child options, can't remember well now but could have been chicken steak with potato wedges and pasta.
I would suggest then go for the kids menu, in any case you will have the chance to ask also the standard options.
Despite the general food quality that I found nothing special (child and adult I mean, eggs for breakfast are really horrible for instance) where in my opinion QR really excels is the service, on all legs flight attendants were super friendly and attentive with my daughter, even helping her without asking in changing the cartoon episodes as the middle seat divider on 787 causing difficulties for me reaching her. Maybe since mummy was not joining this trip and I was a lonely father, in one leg the female flight attendant offered helping feeding my daughter while I was having my breakfast and later accompanying her to toilet, I was amazed on how she went extra mile on her job.

Last edited by BobFF68; Mar 21, 2019 at 2:11 am
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks all.
@gregorio1 we are not flying until August, when are you going?
Also what are you doing for accommodation? We have been looking at Airbnb, serviced apartments etc.

We do still know a few people there but annoyingly they will be living in their condos so no room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.