A380 business class or A350 Q-suites?

Old Mar 18, 19, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
A380 business class or A350 Q-suites?

Hi everyone,

Need some advice for three adults traveling together (LHR to KUL via DOH). We have the options of either A380 (departure time 11:55am and with a 5 hour transit at Doha) or the A350 Q-suites (departure time 16:00 and transit time of 1 hour 10mins).

The A380 has a nice bar onboard plus good transit time but their business class seats are of course not as good as the Q-suites. Also heard the service could take long because of more business class passengers onboard the A380.

Does anyone knows if is possible to open up the partitions if three passengers are traveling together in the Q-suites?? Can't seem to find any info on this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Yes. Call Qatar to request a quad for the three of you.
hoping that the fourth seat stays open, you’ll be able to open up the quad.
best bet is to take the quad in the mini cabin (lowest chance of the fourth seat being taken). Unless of course if the flight is completely booked up in business.
Old Mar 18, 19, 4:42 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S, IHG SILVER. HH GOLD, CHASE RESERVE,
I would take the a380 ...3 adults & on board lounge is perfect plus 5hr layover will give you a good 3 hours in Al mourjan .. have a meal , take a shower .. I prefer the qsuites for night flights as one goes to sleep right away ...
chinhk likes this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Yes. Call Qatar to request a quad for the three of you.
hoping that the fourth seat stays open, you’ll be able to open up the quad.
best bet is to take the quad in the mini cabin (lowest chance of the fourth seat being taken). Unless of course if the flight is completely booked up in business.
Thanks for the advice, Tokyoite.
Old Mar 19, 19, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
The A380 has a nice bar onboard plus good transit time but their business class seats are of course not as good as the Q-suites.
Yes they are. They're different, but every bit as good. I find them more comfortable than the QSuite, although the QSuite has more privacy. Depends on what you want. For pure seat comfort and sleepability, I prefer the old (380) business seats. If privacy is more important, then QSuites are the way to go.
stewaran and chinhk like this.
Old Mar 19, 19, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Yes they are. They're different, but every bit as good. I find them more comfortable than the QSuite, although the QSuite has more privacy. Depends on what you want. For pure seat comfort and sleepability, I prefer the old (380) business seats. If privacy is more important, then QSuites are the way to go.
I would second this, I found the Qsuite seat to be a little hard and not as comfortable to sleep in.

Personally i would find the 5hr layover is too long to spend in the airport, but not enough time to get into Doha for Dinner etc, so in your shoes I would choose the A350 as with the timing you are unlikely to want to sleep on board.
Old Mar 19, 19, 3:57 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by stewaran View Post
...Personally i would find the 5hr layover is too long to spend in the airport, but not enough time to get into Doha for Dinner etc....
Just pay the 250 AED to access Al Safwa, time flies in that lounge :-)
Old Mar 19, 19, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by gnargel View Post
Is that something i can do on-line in my booking, Ive got 2 x10 hour layovers coming up on the way to Delhi, and currently have just booked a day room in town.

However i have not been in Al safwa , so would be interested to experience it. I find AL Mourjan strangely underwhelming.
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnargel View Post
This sounds tempting. I bet the Business class lounge would be busy especially in the late evening.
However, I am not sure if 5 hours would be enough to enjoy the Al Safwa lounge
Old Mar 19, 19, 2:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
This sounds tempting. I bet the Business class lounge would be busy especially in the late evening.
However, I am not sure if 5 hours would be enough to enjoy the Al Safwa lounge
the maximum is 6-hours for paid entry, so 5 hours is almost as good as it gets
Old Mar 19, 19, 2:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold, SK EB Gold, JX COSMILE Insighter, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by stewaran View Post
Is that something i can do on-line in my booking, Ive got 2 x10 hour layovers coming up on the way to Delhi, and currently have just booked a day room in town.

However i have not been in Al safwa , so would be interested to experience it. I find AL Mourjan strangely underwhelming.
you head can check the thread for it in this forum. People have been reporting being able to access it by going straight up to AS and offering to pay.
Old Mar 21, 19, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
you head can check the thread for it in this forum. People have been reporting being able to access it by going straight up to AS and offering to pay.
Thanks, did try the AS thread but couldn't find it
clubeurope likes this.
Old Mar 21, 19, 3:08 pm

Programs: latam amigo smiles
have flown both of them in december SIN-DOH in a350-1000 then A380 DOH-CDG. definely go to qsuites. the A380 is a little disappoing after you fly the qsuites. And the bar on a380 after 10 minutes i was tired of it and got back to my seat. Just my 2cents...
Old Mar 24, 19, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flew them both last week and the 380 a few times previously this year. Neither is a bad seat and I didn't notice any difference in service times so it's really just a margin call between two very good products. If you want to sit and do some work then the Q is probably better, if you want to travel with your friends and being social then go the 380 and get down the bar and have a blast, you'll soon acquire some strays.
Old Mar 24, 19, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your comments. Decided to book the A380 LON to DOH and then the B777 (with Qsuites) DOH to KUL so that we get to try both. Fingers crossed for no last min aircraft change.
dpfs likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: