OLCI Questions

Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
OLCI Questions

Just seeking some quick advice:

When does OLCI open? I've seen various information on this on different splash screens - from 24 hours all the way out to 72... Last time I flew QR it was 36 I think.

Can I change seats after OLCI and/or getting boarding passes?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I thought it was 48 hours?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
As I say, I've seen various:

72 hours
48 hours (most common)
24-36 hours in the app: (apologies if it's huge!)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
It seems that there was a recent change - before it was 48 hours before the first flight (EU to SEA), last week it was 48 hours before the second flight
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Really no point with OLCI if you still have to pick up a properly printed boarding pass at check in desk when that is opened, no?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Knodde
Really no point with OLCI if you still have to pick up a properly printed boarding pass at check in desk when that is opened, no?
It depends on the airport you are departing of, in Munich for example, you can use the boarding pass stored in the Apple wallet, or the android one..
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Knodde
A few possible benefits:
Seat Selection.
API data submission.
Flight timing check.
Acknowledges likelihood of flying (less chance of being bumped if overbooked).
OLCI queues shorter than regular queues.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Im on QR2 in Y next Friday - its looking very lightly loaded but Ive seen other flights have large sections of the cabin blocked in that circumstance. So mostly I want to be sure I can try to secure us a row to ourselves even after the system moves everyone around - hence the question about alterations to seats.

The blocks seem to come in at T-72 and the shifting happens some time before T-48 AFAICT.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

I'm now checked in - no shuffling occured as the flight isn't as light as I thought (still less than 50% loaded).

Question though: I can only download the Apple Wallet BP for the first leg (LHR-DOH QR2) but not the second (DOH-DAD QR994) - has anyone had that before? Is it due to a visa check...? [Seems odd to issue one BP if it is].

For the record: pressing the "add to wallet" button in the App just jumps to Wallet - I tried on mobile page in Safari and it seems it's only generating the one pass whichever one you actually try to save [I presume that they're normally linked so that you only actually save once for each flight series].

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.