Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Equipment Changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
QR Equipment Changes

We booked ARN-DOH-SIN-DOH-OSL during a sale.
QSuites went from (outbound/inbound) 0/1 to 1/1 to 1/0 to 0/0.
The first changes were good for us as they helped us get seats next to each other (in a suite) whereas the 359 cabin was fully booked, and we could also rebook the return flight to KUL-ARN in D class a day later for free.
But then the QSuites were taken away from the outbound again, which made us really sad because now we don’t have a single QSuites flight left and we’re out of rebooking options.
The last change was made exactly one month before departure.

Is this normal? Do they make the final decision a month before departure or was that a coincidence?
What are or chances of seeing another equipment change? QR944 on April 11.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
We booked ARN-DOH-SIN-DOH-OSL during a sale.
QSuites went from (outbound/inbound) 0/1 to 1/1 to 1/0 to 0/0.
The first changes were good for us as they helped us get seats next to each other (in a suite) whereas the 359 cabin was fully booked, and we could also rebook the return flight to KUL-ARN in D class a day later for free.
But then the QSuites were taken away from the outbound again, which made us really sad because now we don’t have a single QSuites flight left and we’re out of rebooking options.
The last change was made exactly one month before departure.

Is this normal? Do they make the final decision a month before departure or was that a coincidence?
What are or chances of seeing another equipment change? QR944 on April 11.
Read this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...ess-class.html

QR keeps changing equipment on many routes (some are more or less guaranteed Qsuites). A lot of changes can still happen in the coming month on your itin.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
I've had s booking in Y from BKK to LHR change 5 times so far since February ( departure in May ) QR831 777 then 330 then 777 again and connection to LHR QR15 cancelled

why am I angry not so much about equipment change but the cancellation of 15 means 4:10 hrs transit minimum and my gripe is they could have easily offered to change my BKK DOH to the 837 it departs one hour earlier than 831 would allow me to connect with QR1 just an hour transit

Of course they want to charge me something like $175 to change myself of a situation they are responsible for never again QR
Traveller999 and NoY like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by spec119
I've had s booking in Y from BKK to LHR change 5 times so far since February ( departure in May ) QR831 777 then 330 then 777 again and connection to LHR QR15 cancelled

why am I angry not so much about equipment change but the cancellation of 15 means 4:10 hrs transit minimum and my gripe is they could have easily offered to change my BKK DOH to the 837 it departs one hour earlier than 831 would allow me to connect with QR1 just an hour transit

Of course they want to charge me something like $175 to change myself of a situation they are responsible for never again QR
If your new schedule makes you arrive more than 2 hours later than the previous one they should allow you to change for earlier flights without any fee.
If not, well...
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Matt4

If your new schedule makes you arrive more than 2 hours later than the previous one they should allow you to change for earlier flights without any fee.
If not, well...
it is 1:50 so just short of the magic number
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:57 am

Response from QR

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Qatar Airways.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that the schedule change occurred and was made on the 21st of January, hence for any changes required it is required to pay the applicable change fee, hence it is not possible to provide a waiver of change fee.

Hence, the we would like to highlight that fares are subject to change without prior notice hence we suggest proceeding with the changes as soon as possible to avoid any fare raise as the fare prices are variable according to the availability of seats on a flight,

Thus, any change on your reservation depends on the fare rules of your ticket. Should changes are permitted, change penalties shall apply + difference of fare (if any). Our colleagues at the reservation office will be in best position to advise you the charges.

Therefore, for any changes or amendments on your current booking with us, we kindly request you to contact or visit your nearest Qatar Airways ticketing office where our colleagues would be more than happy to assist you.

Please open below link to find our nearest office:

so they made the changes but penalising me to switch to a sensible flight
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.