Wiki Posts
Search

Jewish flying on qatar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Jewish flying on qatar

Hi,

I know its probably a silly thread but I wanted to ask a quick question. Can i travel on Qatar wearing a Kippah? I am traveling to BKK via Doha.

I am using a european passport.

cheers
alex
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Alexandre Hecker
Hi,

I know its probably a silly thread but I wanted to ask a quick question. Can i travel on Qatar wearing a Kippah? I am traveling to BKK via Doha.

cheers
alex
No. QR bans us and makes us travel by cargo.

Of course you can, and I fly monthly with them.

There is no Kosher meal available, but I've never had any issues with the menu and certainly never any hostility.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Hi,

cheers
alex
Hi Alex & welcome to FT!

Not a silly thread so don't worry about it.

I can't answer your question directly. However, I can tell you that Kosher meals can be requested under the special meals option in MMB, so I can't imagine there's going to be a problem with wearing a Kippah.

EDIT: msm2000uk beat me to it, but when I checked my upcoming reservation Kosher was among the special meal options available.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Hi,

cheers
alex
The short answer: yes you can and I don't think you will face any problems.

Actually some Israelis travel with Qatar, Emirates and Etihad regularly to the east and never have any problems... My advice would be to stay respectful like in any other place and you shouldn't run into any trouble.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:59 pm

Many Israeli's travel on the Middle East Airlines as they prefer the service. The people I know have never had any problem.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Israelis regularly do business with companies and people in Qatar, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi. You will not meet any Qataris working the flight. Flight crews are all ex pats. Some of the airport staff might be locals, but it is a small country, where most of the workers are from elsewhere. Qatar Airways also flies daily to Miami..
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: QR Gold
There is definitely not problem with Jews flying QR. I have had many Jewish friends visit me in my home in Doha.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FT Alexandre Hecker. ^

It should be no problem at all wearing a Kippah on QR. When I worked there one of the team wore one himself to QR Tower almost every day.

I suppose it is possible that one of the passengers might be racist and choose to take offence. But that could happen on any airline and would be bad luck indeed.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Welcome to FT Alexandre Hecker. ^

It should be no problem at all wearing a Kippah on QR. When I worked there one of the team wore one himself to QR Tower almost every day.

I suppose it is possible that one of the passengers might be racist and choose to take offence. But that could happen on any airline and would be bad luck indeed.
If any passenger takes offence that you're practising your belief, punch them in the face. You should be able to wear a kippeh, turban, scarf and whatever else you please as a human right. The airline should ensure this right is respected and afaik qr does a good job.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Firstclasser
If any passenger takes offence that you're practising your belief, punch them in the face. Y
LOL. Yes, punching people in the face is the best way to ensure tolerance for all.
watersign and chitink like this.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Firstclasser
If any passenger takes offence that you're practising your belief, punch them in the face.
That is definitely classy!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
That is definitely classy!
I believe the term you are looking for is: first class... *badabing*

-A
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:30 pm

Kosher on Qatar

How can I arrange kosher food on my upcoming Qatar flight.

The special meals list dosnt mention kosher food ?

Originally Posted by impeymac
Hi Alex & welcome to FT!

Not a silly thread so don't worry about it.

I can't answer your question directly. However, I can tell you that Kosher meals can be requested under the special meals option in MMB, so I can't imagine there's going to be a problem with wearing a Kippah.

EDIT: msm2000uk beat me to it, but when I checked my upcoming reservation Kosher was among the special meal options available.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
On this note ... sounds like immigration doesn't care if you have an Israeli stamp in a US passport ... or an unmarried friend with one
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL/UA
shouldnt have a problem. Saw some jewish folks travelling on European passports also. On route to BKK and MNL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.