Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Economy Class 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
"It is being introduced initially on the new A320LR aircraft which will not serve the UK."
Unless there was anything explicitly said about this, I would assume it is an inference from the fact that the UK is currently only served by widebodies. The arrival of the A321LR might mean that changes though - either through expansion of even more small markets* or as a more suitable frame for the likes of CWL.

*doubtful, but possible.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:31 pm
Suspended

As a tall person, shell seats are terrible. My knees hit a hard shell instead of a soft seat back.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: QR Silver
My main worry is if the armrest can fold up between the seats (I like to book 2 seats sometimes).
Besides the narrow seats, another major reason to avoid the 787 on QR is because the armrests never fully fold up. The end always sticks out, making a free seat next to you fairly useless.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by mpkz
As a tall person, shell seats are terrible. My knees hit a hard shell instead of a soft seat back.
It seems unlikely that the person in front is similarly disappointed.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:44 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by gumbleby
My main worry is if the armrest can fold up between the seats (I like to book 2 seats sometimes).
Besides the narrow seats, another major reason to avoid the 787 on QR is because the armrests never fully fold up. The end always sticks out, making a free seat next to you fairly useless.
I cannot think of any airlines which offer a comfortable product on the 787 in Y.

The arm-rest query is a fair point, and likely not one we will know until someone tries the new seat and checks.

M
Somnifer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:13 am

Not sure if this mock-up is to scale but they don't seem to be sitting very comfortably.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jeroen100
Not sure if this mock-up is to scale but they don't seem to be sitting very comfortably.
I doubt that any of them have sat in an economy seat for a while.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: Qatar Airways
I fly both Qatar and Emirates and one thing I've noticed in the past year is that Qatar has removed most games from the Oryx media package to the point that it's pitiful. But Emirates has scads and scads of game options. I find it intriguing.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by jeroen100
Not sure who thought that was a good idea - though they aren't helping themselves as the two window-dwellers appear to be leaning in as though to get in the shot...!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:30 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I cannot think of any airlines which offer a comfortable product on the 787 in Y.

The arm-rest query is a fair point, and likely not one we will know until someone tries the new seat and checks.

M
what about JAL? They've got Y in 2-4-2
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:23 pm

any news on the rollout of Quisine - is it network-wide yet? From recent reviews it does not seem so.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by pafnyc
any news on the rollout of Quisine - is it network-wide yet? From recent reviews it does not seem so.
European flights for now.
It really is no big difference, the main thing is new service wares, new wine glass, bigger cups. Also gone is the coffee/tea stirrer spoon pack in which you only use either but given both.
Also, pre-meal drinks service is back, so is sparkling wine.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:27 am

interesting, thanks. any idea as to when it will be expanded? seems like it's more complicated to have different meal systems (dishes etc) for flight tranches...

Originally Posted by jckl
European flights for now.
It really is no big difference, the main thing is new service wares, new wine glass, bigger cups. Also gone is the coffee/tea stirrer spoon pack in which you only use either but given both.
Also, pre-meal drinks service is back, so is sparkling wine.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
If this new seat is retrofitted one would assume that the business cabin would also be modernised at the same time.
I see no reason to assume that a change to Y would imply a change to J. Many roll outs of the J cabin were not accompanied by changes to Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.