Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

5x Qmiles in Premium and 4x Qmiles in Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5x Qmiles in Premium and 4x Qmiles in Economy

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Hey @Silver Falcon, gutted I couldn't attend the Suhoor.

So they are still objecting however I might be mistaken but I note some softing in their stance, this could just be misplaced optimism.

I have had my wife do 3 flights with our baby and if i make her do 2 more and we do not get the points I fear this will be my last post!

I am so sure I am in the right I am going to risk my life and book her on those two flights!
Old May 19, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Ok so things turned sour, QR refuse to honour the deal despite me having a written confirmation from their agent the offer was valid until 31st May! I am seething at the moment, as I work in Qatar but live in Muscat I will not really win against them if I raise it there with them, however as I am a British national and my account is technically based in the UK and the offer was a global promotion, I am thinking of contacting the advertising agency and consumer protection on the grounds of false advertisement. I was wondering if anyone had done something similar?

From someone I know working there one of the reasons they turned me down was because apparently I was the only person who raised it and therefore it cant be an issue, I find that incredible that is a reason to not approve it because I was apparently the only person to find a fault in their terminology (as someone with a legal background and dealing with terms all day I would perhaps be one of the few people best to find flaws in their terms and conditions so perhaps its only likely (a point i explained to them but again ignored).

As you can tell I have gone full on and after 15 years of being top tier with QR this is possibly the last straw for me.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:12 am

I should imagine you are the only one so far because everyone else is happily booking and flyong by 31st May, and awaiting their bonus points to land some time in June/July.

QR's postbag will no doubt start bulging then..
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Anyone got their 200k posted ?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:45 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
I'm in the same situation with AbuCordora where QR refuses to honour the additional bonus miles although their terms and conditions were ambiguous. It has been a week of emails but they still refuse citing March 31 as the deadline.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Originally Posted by SENNINHA
Anyone got their 200k posted ?
No nothing yet, waiting for my 150k & my wife’s 100k, have chased them up.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:07 am

I went to the Membership office a few weeks back and kicked off in Doha and they looked into it and still came back as negative however off the record they have told me to get all the proof etc and email customer services.

For those that want to include my email communication with privilege club proving that they agreed the booking can be done by 31st May I have attached it here.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:31 am

You have reminded me to give them a nudge....
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: QR Platinum
i just received 200k bonus on my account
For info i booked the 10 sectors on 8 march and flew the last one 31 of may.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Yes, just received 150k for myself (Gold) & 100k for my wife (Silver).

Booked 14th March & last flight 9th April.

Thank you QR, worth the wait.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Got mine today too - hooray! All sectors were booked before 14 March and flown by 31 May.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:30 am

Received my 200 as well. Booked all 10 sectors before March 10 and flew before May 10.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by c2h
I'm in the same situation with AbuCordora where QR refuses to honour the additional bonus miles although their terms and conditions were ambiguous. It has been a week of emails but they still refuse citing March 31 as the deadline.
Did you manage to get this resolved? I am in the process of esclating this further up the chain
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.