Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

5x Qmiles in Premium and 4x Qmiles in Economy

5x Qmiles in Premium and 4x Qmiles in Economy

Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Question 5x Qmiles in Premium and 4x Qmiles in Economy

Hi QR Flyers,

Just received this Promo offer this morning. Curious to see if other have received a similar offer or if it was targeted.
I initially misread it and thought it was about QPoints although the risks of QR leaving Oneworld makes retaining Platinum status with QR far less tempting.

The text reads as follows:

" Celebrate the start of Spring with our bumper bonus Qmiles offers.
Book your paid ticket by 15 March 2019 and travel to more than 160 places that we fly to from now until 31 March 2019 and earn up to 5x Qmiles in Premium Class and 4x Qmiles in Economy Class*

Don’t worry, just in case you miss this amazing offer there is still a chance to give your Qmiles a boost. Travel between 1 April and 31 May 2019 and you will earn 3x Qmiles in Premium Class and 2x Qmiles in Economy."

This offer looks like an "Earn double Qmiles Promo" one prior to the savage devaluation of the Qpesos.
Might be useful used in conjunction with the unpredictable 50% Redemption Easy deals offers.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:35 am
Suspended

Seems very hasty though. Travel before March ends? The 4x QMiles for economy makes the offer fairly attractive, but since I'm mainly crediting to non-QR oneworld airlines anyway, not sure if crediting one flight to QR is worth it
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: Some
It's quite amusing - there was a double Qmiles / Qpoints offer that ran until 28th February then as soon as that period finished they've gone straight into this.

I got this email and they way it's worded suggested it's a general offer but mine also has an additional 'personalised offer' of earn 150,000 Qmiles if you complete 10 sectors in the period - have a feeling they might have noticed I've basically stopped flying QR.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Anyway I will wait for April 2019 "promo" email...
I hope that something like: 10x Qmiles in Premium Class and 8x Qmiles in Economy Class*.
And probably there will be some devaluation of QRPC again in end of May 2019 :-)
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I'm holding-out for their next offer, with extra Green Shield Stamps !

But regretably haven't seen anything worth booking in the past eight-months, only half-a-ticket left to fly with Qatar, now.
Sisyphus1carus and plunet like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
It's quite amusing - there was a double Qmiles / Qpoints offer that ran until 28th February then as soon as that period finished they've gone straight into this.

I got this email and they way it's worded suggested it's a general offer but mine also has an additional 'personalised offer' of earn 150,000 Qmiles if you complete 10 sectors in the period - have a feeling they might have noticed I've basically stopped flying QR.
I got the same, and could easily fly 10 QR sectors instead of my current plan of 4 QR sectors + 4 AY sectors + (unfortunately) 1 BA sector. At the same time, with the devaluation, 150,000 QMiles is basically an economy to business upgrade for one roundtrip... not really worth it for 10 legs.

There really needs to be a permanent change in earnings instead of ad hoc offers to get me back.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:58 am

Speaking of redeeming Qpesos: I need a one way from DOH to North America. Just checking the PC website, I found not a single day in 2019 where a redemption in J was less than 206k. LAX, ORD, DFW, you name it. 200k miles is a boatload for a one way. Yes, when you get 2x, 3x, 5x with these promos then earning is that much easier. But the burning part? Not so much.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat
I missed out on Qpoints x2 offer on purpose, as I was leaning into try crediting BA for TP status run. Now it's Qpoints x1 but with Qmiles x5 against 'normal' BAEC TP (on AY metal). Not sure QR has the advantage on loyalty program now, they are great in the air though!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:49 pm

I've been offered 200,000 miles for flying 10 sectors...
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Quick question regarding 10 sectors.

I'm currently in Dubai on holiday & rcvd the 150,000 qmile offer for 10 sectors, but for obvious reasons I can't access the link. Could someone pls copy & paste the terms & conditions. I'm particularly interested if it can be any 10 sectors or if some have to be from your home airport. Thinking of completing a Mct- Doha trip to start me off. Also when do you have to register for the offer, as again unable to access account from here.
Many thanks for any replies.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I've been offered 200,000 miles for flying 10 sectors...
Looks like you're more valuable of a customer than us mere 150,000 pointers
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Loungeabout
I'm currently in Dubai on holiday & rcvd the 150,000 qmile offer for 10 sectors, but for obvious reasons I can't access the link. Could someone pls copy & paste the terms & conditions. I'm particularly interested if it can be any 10 sectors or if some have to be from your home airport. Thinking of completing a Mct- Doha trip to start me off. Also when do you have to register for the offer, as again unable to access account from here.
Many thanks for any replies.
Here are T&Cs (they apply to both 5x offer and 150/200k bonus miles). It seems any 10 sectors on QR metal and ticket is fine.

Spoiler

Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by mpkz
Looks like you're more valuable of a customer than us mere 150,000 pointers
I'm not so sure about that

In my experience with previous promotions, it seems the less you travel the more you are offered...
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Originally Posted by meelosh
Here are T&Cs (they apply to both 5x offer and 150/200k bonus miles). It seems any 10 sectors on QR metal and ticket is fine.

Spoiler

Many thanks for your help, looks like you have to register at least 24hrs before first flight, not possible in Dubai, that has scuppered my plans.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Loungeabout
Many thanks for your help, looks like you have to register at least 24hrs before first flight, not possible in Dubai, that has scuppered my plans.

Thanks again.
VPNs are a wonderful thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.