Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

5x Qmiles in Premium and 4x Qmiles in Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5x Qmiles in Premium and 4x Qmiles in Economy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by fibonaccifreak
Same issue with me. Have tried with different browsers, so it isn't a cache issue.
Called the call center -- they said they can see me registered for this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4

You forgot to toggle the switch to one way instead of return (default setting) when using Qcalculator.
A one way HEL-DOH upgrade cost 40,000 Qmiles in OTQNS, 30,000 in KLMV and 20,000 in BHY booking classes.
My bad. You are completely right those are for the return but as most of us fly further via DOH as a connecting airport the principle stays the same. Extra 100k miles for flying 10 segments (means 2.5-3 return flights) will give you:
Cheap econ ticket - barely/almost enough miles for 1 return upgrade (4 segments).
Flex econ ticket - enough miles to 1 returned upgrade to business class.
But then again to add higher costs/ taxes, subject to availability I'm not sure it is worth it. However, it makes sense to get you to higher tiers and enjoy benefit recognition's across OW, if that's your thing.
But current offer is miles only..sigh..
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Codeshares & OW Alliance Members crediting to QR FFP ???

For the 4x QMiles in eco / 5x QMiles in biz before March 31st;

(1) do QMiles earnt on codeshares booked with a QR number count ?? (eg. fly on Sri Lanka / BA / IB etc.. metal but using the QR Codeshare)

(2) do QMiles earnt on other O/W airlines count ?! (eg. fly on a Sri Lankan (UL) flight under the UL code but select your FFP as Qatar Provelege Club)

Also, is anyone aware of any Qatar 5th Freedom Flights other than those in Argentina and Cambodia ?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Codeshares qualifying for the 10 segments for 100k / 150k / 200k QMiles ??

Originally Posted by Gobber
My bad. You are completely right those are for the return but as most of us fly further via DOH as a connecting airport the principle stays the same. Extra 100k miles for flying 10 segments (means 2.5-3 return flights) will give you:
Cheap econ ticket - barely/almost enough miles for 1 return upgrade (4 segments).
Flex econ ticket - enough miles to 1 returned upgrade to business class.
But then again to add higher costs/ taxes, subject to availability I'm not sure it is worth it. However, it makes sense to get you to higher tiers and enjoy benefit recognition's across OW, if that's your thing.
But current offer is miles only..sigh..

For the 10 segments promotion for 100k / 150k / 200k QMiles ??;

(1) do segments taken on codeshares booked with a QR number count ?? (eg. fly on Sri Lanka / BA / IB etc.. metal but using the QR Codeshare)

And a wildly optimistic Number 2 !!
(2) do segments taken on other O/W airlines count ?! (eg. fly on a Sri Lankan (UL) flight under the UL code but select your FFP as Qatar Provelege Club)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
For the 10 segments promotion for 100k / 150k / 200k QMiles ??;

(1) do segments taken on codeshares booked with a QR number count ?? (eg. fly on Sri Lanka / BA / IB etc.. metal but using the QR Codeshare)

And a wildly optimistic Number 2 !!
(2) do segments taken on other O/W airlines count ?! (eg. fly on a Sri Lankan (UL) flight under the UL code but select your FFP as Qatar Provelege Club)
(1) No
(2) No
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:04 pm

Codeshares & OW Alliance Members crediting to QR FFP ???

Cheers,
Any idea on this one ??

(1) do QMiles earnt on codeshares booked with a QR number count ?? (eg. fly on Sri Lanka / BA / IB etc.. metal but using the QR Codeshare)

(2) do QMiles earnt on other O/W airlines count ?! (eg. fly on a Sri Lankan (UL) flight under the UL code but select your FFP as Qatar Provelege Club)
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Cheers,
Any idea on this one ??

(1) No
(2) No
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:42 am

Hello everyone,
I would like some precisions if one of you can give them to me.

Is the 5x Valid only booking the flight from qatar airways site or is it ok to book from third party travel sites ?
the trip i am plannig to do is from 28/03/2019 to 09/04/2019, is it withing the time limit ?

thank you
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Regarding the additional bonus of flying 10 sectors for 150/200K miles, I just recieved this clarification from QR -

We wish to inform you that additional offer for our promotion 1903PC119 is applicable for commencing at least 10 flights eligible under the offer.

The flight duration for the offer is 01-Mar-19 to 31-May-19 and bookings created as per offer terms are only counted for eligibility in additional offer.

Upon browsing your account we have noticed that there is no eligible flight commenced and credited to your account yet as per the offer.

So you have to book and fly during this period to get the offer, at first I was thinking my flights I booked in Feb for my travel in April would count for the 10 flights but clearly I was mistaken!!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Regarding the additional bonus of flying 10 sectors for 150/200K miles, I just recieved this clarification from QR -

We wish to inform you that additional offer for our promotion 1903PC119 is applicable for commencing at least 10 flights eligible under the offer.

The flight duration for the offer is 01-Mar-19 to 31-May-19 and bookings created as per offer terms are only counted for eligibility in additional offer.

Upon browsing your account we have noticed that there is no eligible flight commenced and credited to your account yet as per the offer.

So you have to book and fly during this period to get the offer, at first I was thinking my flights I booked in Feb for my travel in April would count for the 10 flights but clearly I was mistaken!!
Given that the way that this is worded, clearly English is not the writer's (the QR writer, not AbuCordoba) first language. Could be that s/he didn't convey the rules clearly. Might be worth a call.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks @dr HFH, I rechecked with them and clarified -

As per terms of the offer 1903PC119 terms and condition, you need to book and travel within the offer travel period 01-Mar-2019 to 31-May-2019.

The booking made outside the above mentioned date will not be considered under the above mentioned offer.

And then I went to the offers section and found the wording is to the same language. So now I am just trying to work out the logistics to plan 5 return doha and muscat trips!!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Thanks @dr HFH, I rechecked with them and clarified -

As per terms of the offer 1903PC119 terms and condition, you need to book and travel within the offer travel period 01-Mar-2019 to 31-May-2019.

The booking made outside the above mentioned date will not be considered under the above mentioned offer.

And then I went to the offers section and found the wording is to the same language. So now I am just trying to work out the logistics to plan 5 return doha and muscat trips!!
You could also plan two return MCT-KWI inside your DOH-MCT return as it would definitely be much cheaper in general.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fromager
You could also plan two return MCT-KWI inside your DOH-MCT return as it would definitely be much cheaper in general.
Thank you for this suggestion! brilliant idea!!
Old May 11, 2019, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Given that the way that this is worded, clearly English is not the writer's (the QR writer, not AbuCordoba) first language. Could be that s/he didn't convey the rules clearly. Might be worth a call.
So Dr HFH you were right!

Qatar Airways is refusing to honour the offer saying I needed to book the flights by 31st March 2019, however I have clearly pointed out the Terms and Conditions as well as what was explained to me says otherwise they continue to refuse.

I have had around 12 emails back and forth with Qatar Airways, and then I tweeted them and was retweeted by an Al Jazeera journalist who shamed them for their way of trying to get out of honouring the offer and now they said they are looking into it. But it has been a really annoying and frustrating experience dealing with some very incompetent people.

It is still not resolved however I believe its moved beyond the Indian call centre now to somehow who hopefully has the authority to make a decision!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
Regarding the additional bonus of flying 10 sectors for 150/200K miles before 31 May 2019.

Similar language is also used "Book and fly a minimum of 10 sectors by 31 May 2019 and earn an additional 200k bonus Qmiles

I am still a few sectors short and was thinking of booking and flying them before 31 May 2019, but am concerned they (PC) will also say that as it is linked to the 5x/4x offer - this should also have been booked before 31 March 2019?

Do you have any more clarity/confirmation

Regards,

PS. Pity you not attending the Suhour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.