Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

60 Qcredits for attaining Platinum status

60 Qcredits for attaining Platinum status

Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: Privilege club platinium,GHA hotels black
Yes really annoying, I used to be able to always go PER-FRA or return and upgrade for both sectors now DOH-FRA is 28 Credits used to be 24 and PER-DOH is 39 credits use to be 36 credits.this makes my 60 credits pretty worthless as I have a lazy 21 credits always left over which expire as was the case last year.Just made a booking DOH-CMB thinking I could utilize my Q credits for one leg upgrade but negative DOH-CMB is now 24Qcredits so looks like another 21 Q credits to the bin.Uggghhh
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Srilankankiwi
Yes really annoying, I used to be able to always go PER-FRA or return and upgrade for both sectors now DOH-FRA is 28 Credits used to be 24 and PER-DOH is 39 credits use to be 36 credits.this makes my 60 credits pretty worthless as I have a lazy 21 credits always left over which expire as was the case last year.Just made a booking DOH-CMB thinking I could utilize my Q credits for one leg upgrade but negative DOH-CMB is now 24Qcredits so looks like another 21 Q credits to the bin.Uggghhh
Why not just upgrade 2 sektor FRA-DOH-FRA =56 Qcredits = only 4 of them left useless

PS: I would not consider a "free" upgrade to business DOH-PER or PER-DOH 11h flight in A380 as "pretty useless" even if 21 Qcredits are left usseless.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Srilankankiwi
Yes really annoying, I used to be able to always go PER-FRA or return and upgrade for both sectors now DOH-FRA is 28 Credits used to be 24 and PER-DOH is 39 credits use to be 36 credits.this makes my 60 credits pretty worthless as I have a lazy 21 credits always left over which expire as was the case last year.
When there is available for upgrade on both sectors you can upgrade FRA-DOH-PER for 55 Qcredits in total.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: Privilege club platinium,GHA hotels black
Exactly don't want to lose A380 free upgrade, 6 hrs to Europe is fine.I always travel this route x4 per year and make flights to SE Asia on MH and CX and NZ on QF.Just really annoying having the ability to do this before. Goodbye 21 Q credits again
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:19 am

This could be the place to post this query: I will re-qualify for PC Gold next month. My existing Gold status runs through August. I have 40 QCredits that I might not be able to use by August.

Question: If I re-qualify in April for Gold, will I get the next 40 QCredits then, giving me a balance of 80 to use? Or will PC only give me my next 40 after my existing status runs out?

Simply not clear when I read the T&Cs.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gregorio1
This could be the place to post this query: I will re-qualify for PC Gold next month. My existing Gold status runs through August. I have 40 QCredits that I might not be able to use by August.

Question: If I re-qualify in April for Gold, will I get the next 40 QCredits then, giving me a balance of 80 to use? Or will PC only give me my next 40 after my existing status runs out?

Simply not clear when I read the T&Cs.
When your status runs out
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by a9504477
Europe to DOH is generally 28 qcredits so i used mine to upgrade 2 of us from DOH to MAD leaving 4 qcredits. Pity of course that upgrades don't get you into Al Mourjan but our connection in DOH is not too long.
As I upgrade long time in advance (maybe the reason) I always get access to Al Mourjan.
Or platinum.. who know ?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:10 pm

I have 14 Qcredits expiring soon. If anyone wants to upgrade a short QR flight from Y to J just PM me (14 Qcredits is not enough to upgrade from Y to F even the shortest intra gulf flight).
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4
I have 14 Qcredits expiring soon. If anyone wants to upgrade a short QR flight from Y to J just PM me (14 Qcredits is not enough to upgrade from Y to F even the shortest intra gulf flight).

Are you able to transfer Qcredits to another person?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
As I upgrade long time in advance (maybe the reason) I always get access to Al Mourjan.
Or platinum.. who know ?
No longer do you get the Lounge or Luggage allowance with any upgraded ticket (Qmiles or QCredits)
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Or platinum.. who know ?
Only if the "first/business" lounges are at capacity, then they'll direct platinums to AM.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Are you able to transfer Qcredits to another person?
No
I can only use them to upgrade another person flight if my remaining 14 Qcredits are enough for that flight (it’s not possible to combine multiple sources of Qcredits for upgrading a single flight, but it’s possible to use different sources of Qmiles for upgrading different flights on one ticket).
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:37 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
If my qcredits expire in December 2019, can I book a flight for February 2020 and use them to upgrade that flight? Or is the expiration date linked to the date of the flight rather than the date they are being applied to a future reservation?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by escape4
If my qcredits expire in December 2019, can I book a flight for February 2020 and use them to upgrade that flight?
Yes, I've done it a few times. All that matters is that you use up the Qcredits before they expire. It doesn't matter when the flight is. However, after the expiry date of the Qcredits you will not be able to get them back if you cancel the original ticket.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
once you manage to spend your Qcredits, QR will treat you like crap because you are now holding an upgraded ticket

surely many people have made this complaint before me about not being allowed access to Al Mourjan and getting shunted off to the inferior 1st Class lounge

it is OK, the world economy is decelerating and QR will get theirs

I will fly QR metal just enough to keep my status and then I will fly whatever airline I get the best / cheapest J class on

how is it Cathay gives me access to The Wing Lounge holding their cheapest Economy ticket as OW Emerald and QR stiffs me?
NoY and Alfredbali like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.