A blanket apology

Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat
A blanket apology

I know I can come across as snarky in here, but that is not what I am about to apologise for.

For the first time all my plans for a unexpected long layover in HIA fell through and I got to try out the YMCA chapter hidden behind the sandwich bar in the AM lounge. This area certainly had it's share of competition, but I am not going to let the other passengers take all the honour. I will humbly admit that there were some ferocious snorers competing, but I suspect me going out cold for three hours, sitting and without neck support may have given them all harsh competition. I woke up to what can only be described as a standing wave under the high ceilings. My apologies if you were swept up in this competition as an innocent bystander.
Also, I would like to apologise QR maintenance if you have had any aircraft come in over night with suspected shaft misalignments in the high pressure part of the turbines, those vibrations were all made by my snoring. Likewise, my apologies to the terminal management for any complaints you may have received from ramp workers complaining about excessive noise levels.

That is all.

-A
Fnate, toastedcafe, Gobber and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ph-ndr; Feb 21, 2019 at 3:41 am
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Lol.
But what I want to know is where the blanket came into it. Did you have to pilferborrow one from on board?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
Lol.
But what I want to know is where the blanket came into it. Did you have to pilferborrow one from on board?
The blanket is covered under the paragraph exempting my snark from an apology, indicating there was no blanket.

-A
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:19 pm

I’ve slept in this hostel and it’s fine. Don’t understand most of this thread but then Mrs Greenpen snores more than I do.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:08 pm

That place attracts some *really* impressive snorers, I have to admit. Like, 'pull out my phone and record a video of the ground hoping to capture the unbelievable sound' impressive.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:09 pm

May I add my heartfelt apologies to the cabin crew who only wanted to make my bed when I returned from a far too long trip to the rose smelly A380 bar, i really thought you wanted a cushion fight?!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
That place attracts some *really* impressive snorers, I have to admit. Like, 'pull out my phone and record a video of the ground hoping to capture the unbelievable sound' impressive.
The acustics in there is impressive. It's the opera hall for snorers. For being a rest area its form over function.

-A
clubeurope likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
The acustics in there is impressive. It's the opera hall for snorers. For being a rest area its form over function.

-A
Echo chamber was the first term that came to my mind.
What truly annoys me though is the constant PED dinging. Silent mode simply seems to be beyond some low lifes' comprehension.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by makrom
Echo chamber was the first term that came to my mind.
What truly annoys me though is the constant PED dinging. Silent mode simply seems to be beyond some low lifes' comprehension.
Yup.

On the other hand, we were flying a 350 with a somewhat seasick vsat setup the other day, and it was easy to know when it was back up and working, half the cabin would start making ding sounds.

-A

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.