Infant lap seat for a oneworld award

Old Jun 23, 22, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Have you asked AA agents to use the OneWorld liaison desk to communicate with Qatar to sort this out?
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Have you asked AA agents to use the OneWorld liaison desk to communicate with Qatar to sort this out?
Yep. They do talk to their liaison and get this info, but wonít interact with Qatar to actually get this done.
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Yep. They do talk to their liaison and get this info, but wonít interact with Qatar to actually get this done.
Dunno how things work in the US, but writing to the CEO or the Executive office of AA might be the next step. If it's an AA ticket, your contract is with AA , and I suggest AA need to solve this for you.
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:20 pm

Just emailed [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] Ill let you know if I get any solution or just a generic response.
Old Jun 23, 22, 1:12 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
One data point, I manage to buy an infant ticket and get associated with a Asia miles award ARN-DOH-NRT in J. Cost 895 SEK. I had to call in a few times because of incompetent CSR and supervisors. The ticket was eventually issued by QR call center in Poland. This was less than 2 weeks ago.
​​​​​

​​​​
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:08 am

how many times did you have to huca? Im at about 15 right now
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:45 am

After calling AA their response has been that they can't add a lap infant to an award booking since they cant see the infant cost so I would have to buy an adult ticket for the lap infant. Their other option is to cancel the ticket and book a new one. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by ronaldinho240 View Post
After calling AA their response has been that they can't add a lap infant to an award booking since they cant see the infant cost so I would have to buy an adult ticket for the lap infant. Their other option is to cancel the ticket and book a new one. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Yes, thatís what they told me and QR is refusing to do it (and Iím pretty sure they notated the PNR since theyíre almost counting the number of times Iíve called).

Iíve a backup reservation with EY Iím going to try to make happen Ö maybe theyíre more sensible. I donít want to give up, but I donít know what else I can do!
Old Jun 26, 22, 12:52 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by ronaldinho240 View Post
how many times did you have to huca? Im at about 15 right now
The third time it worked itself out.

Search this Thread