Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Odd situation QR Y but seperate avios pnr to upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver

Anyone know if the following is possible my friend is travelling with me on QR836 to BKK I've got enough Q credits to upgrade to J he hasn't but has loads of avios and currently redemption seats are available

if he had 2 seperate pnr would that cause issues? Or could I just explain at check in?

thanks in advance
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Interesting predicament. If he uses Avios to fly with a new PNR meaning new ticket then he forgoes the original seat and ticket therefore if this is the first part of return journey then the whole ticket would be void.

As avios and qcredit/qmiles are two seperate categories they would result in two different tickets which will not have any chance of a merger.

The only other option is if you have Qmiles too then you could upgrade him or if he just simply pays to upgrade
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by salehir
Interesting predicament. If he uses Avios to fly with a new PNR meaning new ticket then he forgoes the original seat and ticket therefore if this is the first part of return journey then the whole ticket would be void.

As avios and qcredit/qmiles are two seperate categories they would result in two different tickets which will not have any chance of a merger.

The only other option is if you have Qmiles too then you could upgrade him or if he just simply pays to upgrade
You are spot on QR just confirmed this I don't have enough credit to upgrade him so holding out for an email offer looks wide open Apr 27 QR836 I know early days but I think it is quiet season to BKK
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spec119
You are spot on QR just confirmed this I don't have enough credit to upgrade him so holding out for an email offer looks wide open Apr 27 QR836 I know early days but I think it is quiet season to BKK
definitely expect an upgrade offer email about a week or so before the flight as it's BKK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.